Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, has anyone done this to a car with a manual mirror? I'm aware it needs a software update which dealers aren't enthusiastic on, but vdash lists it as an available option (Konfigurace)

Our current manual mirror glass is starting to come unstuck and is damaging the foil backing, so was wondering about the upgrade at the same time when replacing it.

Cheers

·
Read Only
71 Posts
morning, ive been put off this by others on here saying its simply not possible.....personally, id have liked the one with a compass. and ive youre problem, constantly hoovering little bits of silver flake from the gear shift surround

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm aware of the posts putting people off, I had a discussion with Buzby about it a year or so ago. My understanding is the dealerships either can't or won't commit to it. However having read some posts elsewhere on the use of the vdash tool it looks like it will be worth a shot.

·
Registered
V40 MY13
31 Posts
you can replace manual mirror with autodim one.
all you have to do is find a proper mirror with same number as should be in your car
example: if you have manual mirror with number 31218967 the autodim mirror need to be 31218968 or 31218969 (with home link)
all that numbers you can check in VIDA.
after that software is needed.

I did the same for my car and it works, but dealer has no knowledge about that so go to other service who knows what to do :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts