Volvo V40 Forums banner

retrofit Cross Country raised ride height

12K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  rectororbis 
#1 ·
Hello all
I'm about to order a 2017 model V40 Momentum T3, but when sat in the Cross Country version i really like the ride height, but didnt like to styling. I think the base Momentum model looks cleaner without all the cladding.
But it prompts a question - what exactly is the raised ride height? Different springs, different dampers?
Is it possible to retrofit the Cross Country set up to get the ride height on a Momentum model?
Its mostly an idle thought, but you do get into these ideas when you have a new car on order!
Thanks for any and all opinions>:)

#2 ·
#5 ·
Heico also offers a raised suspension kit for the normal V40 (aimed at markets with bad roads). Could be the best way to go: http://www.heicosportiv.de/en/models/current-models/v40/chassis-technology/produktdetail/830
€1600 is a lot of money to pay to raise the suspension by 30mm though. It also rides softer than the standard suspension too (their press release even says it was done more for looks than anything else - it looks like the same kit they make for the CC to make their 'XC40').

#6 ·
Sure is! Although over ?500 is calculated for fitting which you can definitely get done for less or even do yourself.

I've test drove a T5 CC fitted with it and would say it is harder than standard, but that could have also been the massive wheels they had on the demo car.

#17 ·
I'm also considering lifting my V40 CC. Heico seems only option now. Do you guys would/can recommend it?
I'm am a bit worried that this suspension pack is going to make my car more stiffer as it already feels very stiff as it came with 225/40 R19 (this wheels look amazing but are ridiculously loud).

I'm also thinking about skid plate under engine as it would be good with some more engine protection as I sometimes have to drive in terrain that is a bit more demanding and it still feels cheaper to do that mods than change to a different car. I know that Volvo have a dedicated skid plate for this model but I've found that on internet Skid plate - find the underrun protection for your vehicle here!

This one is more heavy and look more robust. Probably installation is also simpler the original skid plate as it looks like it dose't need any drilling.

I hope anyone still follows that thread, looking forward to hear you opinions!

#18 ·
I'm also considering lifting my V40 CC. Heico seems only option now. Do you guys would/can recommend it?
I'm am a bit worried that this suspension pack is going to make my car more stiffer as it already feels very stiff as it came with 225/40 R19 (this wheels look amazing but are ridiculously loud).

I'm also thinking about skid plate under engine as it would be good with some more engine protection as I sometimes have to drive in terrain that is a bit more demanding and it still feels cheaper to do that mods than change to a different car. I know that Volvo have a dedicated skid plate for this model but I've found that on internet Skid plate - find the underrun protection for your vehicle here!

This one is more heavy and look more robust. Probably installation is also simpler the original skid plate as it looks like it dose't need any drilling.

I hope anyone still follows that thread, looking forward to hear you opinions!
Hi,
Sorry but don't have the answer on your question as I didn't replace mine in the end.
Out of curiosity is the skid plate you are thinking of larger than the original (does it cover a bigger area)?
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.