Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's as peanuts says. As the accessories site shows there are quite few different options dependant on what exhaust system you have on your car.

SWMBO had her T2 fitted with the twin rectangular exhaust tips and diffuser.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en...s/Document/VCC-498994/2017/T2/Automatic/R.H.D

The job included new rear boxes and pipes as well as the diffuser and tips. She paid about £400 with a good discount. Usual price is about £600 !!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I've got the T4 which has twin exhausts. Looks like this is something I can ask the dealership.

Think I prefer the look of the R Design round pipes over the oval pipes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I got a T3 Summum with dual end pipes and installing the R-Design diffusor was easy. End pipes are just fastened by clips that slide in place behind the thick end of the exhaust. About half a hour did it take for me to just swap everything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I stumbled upon this thread you started about retrofitting a non r design v40 with a v40 back. Did it work out for you? I am looking to do the same with my V40 t4, any insight is appreciated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I fitted the diffuser with the instructions provided on the previous post. Was pretty easy job. Just 2 screws and carefully untucking the old diffuser from the bumper.
The tailpipes looked very small after changing the diffuser. I had a muffler delete and fitted 4" tail pipes.

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Photograph

Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Vehicle registration plate

1 - 10 of 10 Posts