Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All
First of all apologies for not posting for some considerable time - I've been very busy with everything.
Just wanted to say what a great time I had driving down to Italy a couple of weeks ago in my D2. I had a proper car full too - 5 of us, did a 5am morning Eurotunnel crossing to France, stopping every couple of hrs for a short break we drove down through the Alps to Turin for tea time! Following day drove to our destination Pietrabruna in the hillside close to the French/Italian border. Did a bit of touring while we were there, Pisa, Monaco, San Remo etc. Return journey stopped in Geneva and Paris. Awesome road trip!!
Total approx 2,500 miles, averaged about 52mpg (trip computer), that's a bit less than I normally get as the car was rammed full of bodies and luggage and doing 130kph on the Autoroutes/Autostrada. I'll be honest it was a squeeze, but on reflection it didn't feel a lot smaller than my old A4 Avant. My D2 performed very well, never felt it was underpowered even on the steepest of mountains. It's easily the most comfortable car I've ever owned, the journey down on the first day was over 800miles, but I got out of the car reasonably fresh considering. Driving up to Pietrabruna on the hillside where we were staying the nose of the car bottomed out sometimes on the steep turns but only ever scuffing the ground.
Couple of pictures...
Pietrabruna where the car regularly bottomed out!

San Remo... my wife thinks I was taking a picture of her...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

·
Registered
192 Posts
Both say page not found for me? *shrugs*

·
Registered
9 Posts
You never mentioned Miles and Kilometres on you Speedo ??? I love my V40 but this is getting to me as I drive 5 months of the year in Europe.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Lovely car (and lovely wife btw).
Longest I ever took my D4, was to the South of France in one day (2 stops) with me as the only driver (My wife does not drive in France, too afraid of roundabouts taken in the French way, meaning at full speed :) ) That was a distance of 1200 km... And yes got out as fresh as a daisy, with 4 people in the car and luggage for a 10 day holiday..

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hi All
First of all apologies for not posting for some considerable time - I've been very busy with everything.
Just wanted to say what a great time I had driving down to Italy a couple of weeks ago in my D2. I had a proper car full too - 5 of us, did a 5am morning Eurotunnel crossing to France, stopping every couple of hrs for a short break we drove down through the Alps to Turin for tea time! Following day drove to our destination Pietrabruna in the hillside close to the French/Italian border. Did a bit of touring while we were there, Pisa, Monaco, San Remo etc. Return journey stopped in Geneva and Paris. Awesome road trip!!
Total approx 2,500 miles, averaged about 52mpg (trip computer), that's a bit less than I normally get as the car was rammed full of bodies and luggage and doing 130kph on the Autoroutes/Autostrada. I'll be honest it was a squeeze, but on reflection it didn't feel a lot smaller than my old A4 Avant. My D2 performed very well, never felt it was underpowered even on the steepest of mountains. It's easily the most comfortable car I've ever owned, the journey down on the first day was over 800miles, but I got out of the car reasonably fresh considering. Driving up to Pietrabruna on the hillside where we were staying the nose of the car bottomed out sometimes on the steep turns but only ever scuffing the ground.
Couple of pictures...
Pietrabruna where the car regularly bottomed out!

San Remo... my wife thinks I was taking a picture of her...
Going to Italy next week, staying in Switzerland both ways, as well as in Holland on the way home.18 days in total.
Just me and the missus, but the car will be full of her gear. Did you have a roof box ? or was it just shorts and tee shirts !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts