Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post on forum and pleased to say my new Lux Rdesign D4 will be delivered to my house on 9th September with 64 plate ;)

Although mine is company car, I am only 23 and excited to be part of the Volvo movement. Fair to say a lot of my friends are confused and jealous by my selection considering could have had one series or A Class.

Wondering if anyone has had D4 delivered yet?
I have added the sports suspension and tinted windows :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
First post on forum and pleased to say my new Lux Rdesign D4 will be delivered to my house on 9th September with 64 plate ;)

Although mine is company car, I am only 23 and excited to be part of the Volvo movement. Fair to say a lot of my friends are confused and jealous by my selection considering could have had one series or A Class.

Dealership phoned me today to say my D4 RDesign Lux Nav will be delivered next week, also a company car and an easy decision in my mind. Haven't heard any feeedback about the engine yet but looking forward to it!!

·
Registered
156 Posts

I'm 25 in just over a week, and the reaction from friends and colleagues to me getting a Volvo (personal, not company car) has also been the same.

"Why not a merc?" "Why not a bmw?" "Why not a ______?"

It's almost as though the brand cannot shrug it's old reputation. It's sad really, because it's actually a really nice car. My dad has had an XC90, and now has an XC70, and they're both really nice cars. I'll be adding a V40 to the mix in a month or so (hopefully) and I actually really like the brand.

I have found that most people who are saying "why not bmw? why not merc? why not audi?" actually drive pretty standard cars. I think it could be that they can't afford to get new cars (based on their own choices!) so the jealousy comes through and they think "if I could get a new car, I'd get X", but then it's that mentality that is probably the reason they drive ten year old Toyotas.

How long ago did you order the car by the way?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AKD47 - ordered mine 21/06.

Its worked out really well for me as i have only had licence 2years and insurance is still pretty high... getting company car has deffo helped out and no longer need to look at old bangers.

your completely right about the people suggesting Merc/ Bmw they are still driving 1.2 corsa's etc.
The people i have had positive feedback from is actually the Merc/ BMW drivers who have had there share of new cars etc and all said its a wise choice and good to have something different.

cant wait for it to arrive now.

What spec have you ordered?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Ah, how did the insurance work out for you on this? I noticed you went for the D4, so would expect the insurance to be quite high?

I've found the same regarding people actually driving good cars. They think it's a good choice and like the car. Except for Audi drivers who worship Audi and nothing else, lol!

I've ordered an Ice White D2 Powershift (auto) SE Lux (Nav), with rear parking sensors & camera, 17" Segomo wheels, and the Winter Pack. I think. It's been so long I've almost forgotten!

Ordered it on 23/7 and expected delivery is first week of October.

·
Registered
55 Posts

Congrats on a great choice of car, and for not following all the sheeple to the usual "German" marques (made in Brazil/Poland/South Africa/Portugal/wherever!).

I own the older 5-pot D4 and it's a fabulous car - the version you have is both more powerful and lighter - and that can only be a good thing!

Fab to have such a nice car while you're still young enough to get the best from it too! Enjoy! :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My insurance is all included with tyres, servicing etc so all in its a very good deal.

I did do a quote to see how much insurance was if i did it alone and was starting at £3500 from 2 companies the rest would even quote !!

Nice selection, i have gone for black --- didnt bother with Winter pack or Cameras tho. Just got all the sporty extras :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
My insurance is all included with tyres, servicing etc so all in its a very good deal.

I did do a quote to see how much insurance was if i did it alone and was starting at £3500 from 2 companies the rest would even quote !!

Nice selection, i have gone for black --- didnt bother with Winter pack or Cameras tho. Just got all the sporty extras :D
Sounds good to me. I opted to go down the comfort route rather than the sport route, opting for Lux instead. Guess I'm just showing my age a decade too soon. My thoughts being that I want to enjoy the 1500 miles I do a month.

Currently driving an 04 fiat punto, with one working window, in this weather, so anythings gonna be an upgrade really!

·
Registered
14 Posts
@AKD47 I know what you mean. In my old DS3 my back would start hurting or I wouldn't feel 100% comfortable on long journeys, but now with the V40 I am looking forward to every journey. The longer the better lol.

Comfort was key for me in making the decision for the next car. It was a toss up between brand new qashqai or brand new v40 rdesign. I liked the amount of tech that was coming as standard in the qashqai. The one thing I couldn't get over was the look of their seats, it reminded me of my DS3 too much. The first moment I sat in the V40 my mind was made up lol.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When I test drove the V40 I fell in love with it straight away. Now every day is a heart wrenching struggle as I wait to be reunited!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Interesting debate guys, as someone who has sat in and drove the competition: I can tell you the V40 has the best cabin by a mile.

The Audi is plain, the BMW weird with huge centre console and nipped in instrument binnacle, and the switchgear feels loose and cheap in the A-class.
What's more cruise is on a separate stalk stalk hidden away in the Merc and Audi- far better on the wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took delivery of my V40 D4 yesteday and i am very impressed.

Its very comfortable and easy to drive (not hard considering i have moved from a Seat Arosa sport)

I have played with a few features like the voice control which is surprising easy to get on with :)
Navigation system is quite log to enter address however i found using the voice control over comes this.

As other people have confirmed gear know is standard and no R Design logo however not a big issue to me as the whole car is still very nice.

One issue i do have is the automatic mirrors when putting Car into reverse, i thought that they should auto adjust to point down towards rear wheels? Anyone else having issues with these feature?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Took delivery of my V40 D4 yesteday and i am very impressed.

Its very comfortable and easy to drive (not hard considering i have moved from a Seat Arosa sport)

I have played with a few features like the voice control which is surprising easy to get on with :)
Navigation system is quite log to enter address however i found using the voice control over comes this.

As other people have confirmed gear know is standard and no R Design logo however not a big issue to me as the whole car is still very nice.

One issue i do have is the automatic mirrors when putting Car into reverse, i thought that they should auto adjust to point down towards rear wheels? Anyone else having issues with these feature?
Congrats man, welcome to the club :)

As far as the auto mirrors - its a setting in MyCar that you can switch on or off. I have it switched off. will try get the path for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Path: MyCar > Vehicle Settings > Side MIrror Settings > Tilt Left / right mirror on revers

You can switch those to ON and it will auto tilt in reverse

Under this menu i only have 'Side Mirrors fold on locking' ?

Also found this http://www.manualslib.com/manual/678092/Volvo-V40.html?page=99 but again cant find any of these options.

my model is D4 R-Design Lux Nav -- can someone confirm its defiently included on this model?

May have to go to Volvo and see if they can show me :s

·
Registered
233 Posts
hmm....i wonder if it could be a region config setting. all the best in finding out from Volvo. i have the T3 R-Design so perhaps the difference is between the T3 and D4 and not an R-Design option?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its nice not having to worry about the insurance, but just remember that not all insurance companies will count company car insurance for your own no claims. also if you have got any if you don't carry on your insurance after approx 30 months you loose it.
Ive just been through this, the only company to honour my 20+ years accident free and 3 years accident free company car driving was volvo. They gave me full no claims bonus and protected.
So I was able to have an even bigger smile as I drove my new R design from the dealers.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I have been driving company cars for years. This time around I leased the V40 privately. The insurance company asked for a note from my employer to state that I have had no claims / no fault claims for a number of years against my employers insurance. All sorted. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.