Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Messed it up recently.:blush:
100km distance to empty, 5km to service station.
Everything was fine until I went from flat to a slight long incline.
Did not like that and would not restart.
(To) easy to refill from container (but painful wait),
& restarted without a hitch which was good.
Lesson learned. V40 DTE fuel reporting not conservative & system not incline friendly.
(Still the best car we have ever owned.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Strange. The system should show '---' for distance just before it runs out of juice, not 100 miles, that should be plenty. I guess we have to be careful with the inclines.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yep, I'm not quite sure about this one too, I'm in sunny Kent (i.e. not Oz) and after 25,000 miles in 7 months, I reckon on pushing mine to the '---' to empty and the fuel gauge (white) line switching to red...even at that point I have driven another ten miles before filling up and not convinced then that I could've had another 20 miles out of her. Yours shouldn't have done that after 100kms/60 miles...maybe a rare fuel pick up problem?

Keep us posted - although appreciate you may not want to replicate the move!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I pushed my T3 twice for around 10 to 20km past '---' and still made it to a filling station

·
Registered
37 Posts
Might be isolated to the D2.
mine also refused to start after stopping at the traffic light with 30km range left

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live at the end of pretty steep incline and must have driven up there on red a couple of times. The first time I went straight to the nearest garage the next day, but another time I drove to where I usually fill up which is a further 12km away. I was a little worried about having problems going up a steep hill with an empty tank but it ran just fine.

This is with a MY13 D2.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Agreed, mine is a D2 and going past the "no miles" and "mate i'm gonna switch your gauge to red i.e. you've really no miles"...I reckon there's still another 18kms/10miles in there and inclines just do not register. to have a "stall" at 60 miles/100kms is indicative of a problem...end of! Darren

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.