Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Washing the 'Lovely V' yesterday, (yes Kev, only owned for 6 months but washed every two weeks or so. Clearly mine isn't Teflon coated) and was very depressed to spot the first bonnet stone chip! Not too obvious but still apparent.

Probably have loads more by next Winter and will get them sorted all together.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
It is annoying when you pick up these chips. I think it's inevitable though and we have to live with it?

What bugs me more is when someone dents your car with their car door in a car park etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Car Parks

I'm pretty sure we have all had the following experiences when using super market car parks:
(1) The old banger that pulls along side you full of kids who push open the doors and because dad drives like a moron they are never central in the parking bay and as a consequence their door hits the side of your new car.:mad:
(2) The young mum with the baby in the shopping trolley that smashes into the side of your car whilst she loads the screaming little brat into his baby seat:mad:
(3) The pensioner who can barely walk in a straight line, let alone keep control of a trolley I guess we have to make allowances here, best policy is to help them
I could go on but I'm sure you all get the drift.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I know the feeling. I bumped my car the other in my parents garage against a cupboard, nice 2 pieces of paint of on the front of the bumper. To bad to just touch up with paint, and to little to take bumper to repair to get fixed.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Black Atmospheric phenomenon Sky Wall Material property
Vehicle door Mode of transport Automotive exterior Windshield Sky

the stone came flying through the air from the car that changed field! BOOOOOM: (

Fixed two small stone chips yesterday. Sad day! The result was quite OK, I didnt use wet sanding, afraid to make it worse...

·
Registered
389 Posts
Think thats bad. In two days av curbed the front wheel really badly and today i clipped the gate post putting a nice big gouge in the front bumper black trim as well a couple of scratches on the bottom of the bumper. Fed up doesn't begin to describe how i feel.

First time i have curbed a wheel, since i began driving 8yrs ago never mind clipping something.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't want to sound too negative but things tend to happen in threes. Better look out for the next few days!

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had already hit a bit of black plastic that fell out of the back of a lorry on the motorway about a month ago, which took a nice chunk out of the front valance so a hope thats me done for a while.

Managed to use touch up paint so its not too noticeable. First new car i have ever owned and this is the most bumps and scraps i have ever had.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got hit by a stone or something in the middle of the windscreen on a motorway the other day. It made a really nasty chip in the windscreen and my Volvo workshop told right away it can’t be fixed. I’m really lucky my insurance will cover a new windscreen + a rental car for the two days my car will be at the worshop with a deductible of 150 euros. A replaced windscreen would otherwise cost 800-1000 euros as also the City Safety system has to be re-calibrated.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm new to this forum and still waiting delivery of my V40, but thought I'd add to this one...

A couple of years ago, on the way back from picking up my brand new Mazda 3 MPS, It had about 12 miles on the clock when the driver of the lorry in front found it too hard to keep off the hard shoulder. After going about 5 ft across the white line he kicked up a 2 inch rock which could have gone through the windscreen, it hit the roof instead leaving a 10mm chip and dent in the panel. Ended up costing 350 quid to put right :mad: I reported the driver for dangerous driving as he was all over the place and I was really mad, don't think anything would have been done though.

·
Registered
718 Posts
This will need a bit more than touch up paint. Thanks to the other driver who turned out of a side turning without looking. Fortunately it was a low speed shunt.

http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/...zy-s-pics-picture570-img-20140610-124529.html

Very pleased with the support i got from my dealer. A quick phone call to their service dept put the whole recovery and replacement vehicle in place. Excellent service.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.