Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to create a file for download to the sat nav system to identify Points of Interest. What format will I need to use ?

Any hints from anybod will be much appreciated

·
Registered
191 Posts
Phil O said:
I'm looking to create a file for download to the sat nav system to identify Points of Interest. What format will I need to use ?

Any hints from anybod will be much appreciated
Hi Phil,

For the POI files to be recognised they need to be in gpx format.

I have just been through the process of creating POI files; let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All sorted

I found a web site poi.gps-data-team.com that has loads of files and the download went very easily.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all

What format (brand) did you chose when downloading the POI from poi.gps-data-team.com since I couldn't find Navteq and how did you installed it on the car. My problem is that my new V40 gps doesn't show me the speed cameras and I'm looking to update it.
Thank you and all the best!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed that as well. Does anyone know why speedcamera's aren't shown? Does that has to do with new laws in for instance France? Because I live in the Netherlands where its perfectly legal. And has anyone found a POI file with supermarkets? I find them very helpfull on holidays.

And after installation do the added POI's have new icons or are the available ones reused?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts