·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the V40 Sat Nav capable of taking full UK post codes

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think I may know the answer to this as I seem to remember an old post along the similar lines...and it took me a month to realise it! If you press the "Nav" button when the infotainment system is displaying the map, the option to search by UK postcode isn't there...only the ability to put an address in via the street and city. However if you press the "OK" button (on the top right dial) and then press the option to insert an address..."Postcode" appears! A minor oversight...don't know!
The other possibility is that your last address inserted was a foreign address i.e. your "Country" is not United Kingdom and your Sat Nav won't recognise an Postcode. Hope this helps. Darren

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is driving me nuts, I only got my V40 yesterday - following my manual I am now able to enter the first three digits of a postcode, but then it asks me to select the street name which I don't have. Does it allow you to enter all the digits of the post code?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Post codes

I had a similar problem with sat navigation post codes when I was in Wales e.g only took first three digets, but not had problem any were else, Google maps took full post code in same area!!!
Dave

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've never had a problem with entering postcodes? (Apart from the fact it's hidden at the bottom of the Navigate To... menu, which is ridiculous).

·
Registered
945 Posts
I put full postcodes in mine, some times it get confused over if it should be a letter or number next or where the space goes but if you simple use the dial to put if all in it should be fine.

What I miss is being able to find a point on the map with a post code, the only way I can put a favourite in is by manually finding it on the map (zooming in&bout and scrolling) or actually visiting the place and saving it while you are there.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I am not in my car but from memory when it appears the sat nav can not take a post code it's because it cannot determine whether a number or letter is required. I think it then takes you to the right side of the selection panel where you can press for numbers or letters etc.

Then it's back to the selection . Simple

The post codes are stored in the navigate to menu which I find quite logical. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's still not working for me - on route to Scotland today and only way I could get anywhere by using NAV was to enter the street name too, still won't let me punch in the full postcode in one go :-(

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's now working ... Full Postcodes

Thanks to Darren CC for clearing this up, took me a while for me to get what was being said, but happy to say I can now enter full postcodes!

Original Issue - I would press Nav button on centre console which would bring up options, click on city which would then change to postcode and then i'd attempt to enter the postcode, using this route the system only allows the first 3 digits of the PO to be entered - So I did what Darren CC suggested and instead of pressing the Nav button I pressed the OK button and hey presto the postcode selection was there and allowed me to enter the full postcode.

Happy now, although the Moira Stewart soundalike i'm sure was a dominatrix in a previous life :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.