Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi

i must be dim.... i have done it once only but if i key in a postcode the sat nav only allows me to enter 4 digits then refuses to accept any more characters...... what am i doing wrong

thank you

george

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have you solved this George? On some postcodes it stops at (say) CT2...when in fact you want CT21...ignore the arrow and select numbers again an it lets you complete the full postcode!

It took me about 2 months to work out how to put a postcode in...realising that the "NAV" button is a short menu and the "OK" button gives you the full menu!

Cheers
Darren

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry Darren.... I was tearing my hair out with this... so I got my son in law to sit down and show me how he had successfully entered a full postcode when I couldnt....

As soon as he started ... I thought ... thats exactly it.... the NAV button is not consistent with the full menu you get on the OK button... I can only assume that they had different developers doing both buttons... if I was testing that development I would have thrown the book at the NAV programmer for failing to allow the full postcode....

anyway... glad that is sorted....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts