Volvo V40 Forums banner

Sat Nav update.

13K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  stuart s 
#1 ·
Just updated the Sat Nav. It's a bit of a slow process, but straight forward enough.:)(y)

#2 ·
There is a thread about it here;
and here;
and here

#3 ·
Just spoken to Volvo about updating the sat nav maps on my 2013 V40 Cross Country. I'd tried downloading the update myself from the volvo website onto a USB stick but when I plugged it into the car it asked me for a pin code. Volvo want £85 to update the sat nav and warned me that there's a risk that they could corrupt the system if they did it. This would cost me an additional £900 for a new unit. I questioned whether they could charge me for their error!! Surely that's not legal?? Anyone else had this problem?

#6 ·
There is a difference between the 2013 model and 2015 model. The 2013 model had to be updated by the dealer (hence the PIN) the 2015 model came with "Maps for Life" which could be downloaded and installed by the owner.

There is an update available from Volvo dealers for the older model that allows owners to install maps themselves, but it needs to be installed by the dealers first.

#10 ·
I have an early 2014 car & had the dealer update to allow usb sat nav map downloads done this year.

It can be quite a complex fix to do depending on the car - apparently the dealer had to connect my car to Volvo HQ and delete various software before reinstalling from scratch to get it to work.

#12 ·
Just updating my wifes now.

2.5 hrs to download this morning
2 hrs to update in the car but the stereo turns off after 20 mins so keep having to go out there to turn the radio back on.

Latest one for her car is 04/2020

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.