Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I’ve currently got a 2013 V40 cross country with large screen but no “world” button

I understand that this means I can’t update without the modification being carried out by a Volvo dealer.

My question is, how do I know if the modification has been done, by the previous owner for instance .

If I contact my local Volvo dealer will they be able to tell me from the reg number/ vin ....

If I download the update onto a usb then plug it in, will it do any harm .... or will it just not do anything ....

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2014 didn’t have the modification originally - when I plugged the usb in nothing happened before it was done.

I had it done, but my car was a difficult one, apparently they had to get Volvo hq to connect to my car remotely and wipe the system before installing the sat nav modification!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hello

I’ve currently got a 2013 V40 cross country with large screen but no “world” button

I understand that this means I can’t update without the modification being carried out by a Volvo dealer.

My question is, how do I know if the modification has been done, by the previous owner for instance .

If I contact my local Volvo dealer will they be able to tell me from the reg number/ vin ....

If I download the update onto a usb then plug it in, will it do any harm .... or will it just not do anything ....

Thanks

Chris
Read the below post...

·
Registered
368 Posts
Simplest way would be to download the update and stick it in your car's USB. If you have had the update it will work if you don't it won't work.

You could contact Volvo, it will be in their records if you have had it upgraded.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies

I’ve emailed Volvo uk .... but in the meantime, I’ll take your advice Tony and give it a whirl

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well not sure if I downloaded the right thing ..... put usb into car and it said new nav info detected. Press ok to continue. Did that then it asked for a licence code ???

Chris

·
Registered
741 Posts
That means you need the upgrade by Volvo doing, then you can update the maps yourself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably a silly question but here goes. My car asks for activation code when I plug in usb. What would happen if I typed in the activation code from my last disc update ...??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts