Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

am wondering if the new MY15 satnav system has live traffic updates to avoid hold ups etc. and if this is an extra subscription requirement, or via a linked mobile phone like the newer TomTom's today?

any guidance would be appreciated,

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the new my15 v40 with nav, it seems to suggest it does have traffic, you can certainly go into a certain part of the Nav to check and it will show you hold ups and here is an option in the settings that says something like 'ask to re-route' so I think this is something to do with the traffic,

However I've only had the car for a few days and could not say whether I am correct or not.

As for the subscription I would imagine and hope that a £1200 option does not then need a subscription

·
Registered
945 Posts
My my13 does but the reruote is not very user friendly, it is difficult to see where you are being offered as a repute, it only tells you how much longer the new route is not how much more time it will take etc

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've had a look through my settings, the option I mentioned is down to traffic, it was set to re route with out asking, I've now changed it to see how often it does it, so yes it does have it!

·
Registered
273 Posts
After 18months I would say that the system is pretty good at showing traffic problems as they happen and coming up with credible alternatives...the beauty of being a human is that you can override the computer's suggestion of a 30second saving going another way and following everybody else who has sat nav!

I would definitely get the system again, I just wish the message that came up to re-route had an option in to say..."only alert me if an alternative route is (say) 10 minutes quicker.

Reactions: cueba11

·
Registered
945 Posts
But on mine it does not give you a time saving but a distance, now that extra '3 mile' In total distance could take me from a nice motorway where the average speed is down to 40mph to a tiny country lane where I would be lucky to average 20 in the real world. And when it does this whilst driving I don't really have the time to try and spot what the change in route actually is (not that it shows you anyway)

To be fare it is better than a lot of built in systems but when will one work as wel as a tom tom?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Definitely does, I have set mine to ask me and it now pops up with 'new route 3 minutes faster would you like to re-route' or something similar, you can also have it read out the traffic which will possibly affect you. It's great, much better than my top of the range tomtom I have just got rid of

·
Registered
945 Posts
Definitely does, I have set mine to ask me and it now pops up with 'new route 3 minutes faster would you like to re-route' or something similar, you can also have it read out the traffic which will possibly affect you. It's great, much better than my top of the range tomtom I have just got rid of
Mmm mine definitely tells me the difference not time, will check the menus to see what Option I need to check

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.