Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I drive a 2014 V40 T3 and on the system, there is an option to activate the screensaver, but nothing happens when it's enabled.

Anyone knows what that's all about?

Regards

The Zulu

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
The screensaver is not like the ones you find on Windows, it just switches the screen of, similar to what your smartphones do.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
I personally think the screensaver option is stupid, they could have left it out, or at least change the name, call Screen power off time out or something.

Moving pics etc will probably be the same as dvd movie playing while driving, you might focus to long on the screen and not watch the road.

Mine screensaver is off, as I want to see what is on the screen, and not wait for it to come on and change from radio to media as an example.

Reactions: denn1s

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I personally think the screensaver option is stupid, they could have left it out, or at least change the name, call Screen power off time out or something.

Moving pics etc will probably be the same as dvd movie playing while driving, you might focus to long on the screen and not watch the road.

Mine screensaver is off, as I want to see what is on the screen, and not wait for it to come on and change from radio to media as an example.
My thoughts exactly. I think they should haven't have made it an option. someone may have been bored an d though... ah! screensaver!!

·
Registered
227 Posts
screen

They need to give you the option to show the r design logo as shown on the screen when you switch off

Reactions: worm59

·
Registered
395 Posts
Is there some kind of hack to change the volvo logo to a personalized picture when we start the car? I was able to do this on my 2005 Acura TL and it was awesome! :)
No one seems to be into hacking on these cars yet despite quite a few having the software. There were loads of hacks on my last car - even upgraded the satnav to display 3d maps and many other things. Some of the software hacks originated in Russia where they seem to have a real gift for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.