Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

On delivery of my V40 T5 R-Design, the dealer in passing mentioned that a wallpaper for the screensaver could be installed using a USB.

I can't find instructions for how to do this, or even verify that it can be done.

I plugged in a USB stick and was advised that the MSDOS FAT16 formatted USB stick wasn't formatted correctly.

Any experience out there?

Loving the car.

NCV

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Why would the screensaver show a picture? The screensaver function switches the screen off.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Why would the screensaver show a picture? The screensaver function switches the screen off.
Screensavers come from the days of CRT and TFT where a constant picture could burn into the display. To combat this, screensavers usually were moving scenes or pictures, anything that forced the screen to change constantly, thus preventing the burn.

Modern energy requirements actually require that the screen be turned off, but in slower responding screens people still sometimes opt for a moving picture instead of powering down.

Could be Volvo give you the option of both :)

·
Registered
945 Posts
T5 nice, our lass has an ST with 285 map, it sound great and pulls really well but is a bit thirsty though at 18mpg...

Re the screen saver, I just have mine on sat nav or audio, can't see the point of a screen saver these days, other than for pose factor and I doubt a moving one woudl be allowed in case it distracted the driver (same reason why DVD's will not display over 8mph BOOOOO!!!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts