Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - spilled a drink on my front passenger seat and since then the seatbelt alarm and light are shown, even when the seat is unoccupied.
Any ideas how to 'reset' this or put it right. I dont like driving with 1) the alarm going or 2) the chance that the airbag system may act differently in the event 9f an accident.

Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
You could try disconnecting the multi plug under the seat. Perhaps also use an OBD reader to check for and reset any fault codes.

Reactions: D.man

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply.
Whereabouts does the multiplug fit into? I had a look last night but couldn't see where. There was a floor mounted metal box - but I thought this was something related to the audio system.
Cheers

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
405 Posts
the box on the floor is the the audio amp, you should be able to see the seat connector looking under the seat from the front... mounted to the underside of the seat :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
as an after thought, check any connections going into the buckle as well. Does putting the seatbelt in cancel the warning? If it does it may mean you have damaged the pressure switch with your drink, if it doesn't then there could be issues with the buckle as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If
as an after thought, check any connections going into the buckle as well. Does putting the seatbelt in cancel the warning? If it does it may mean you have damaged the pressure switch with your drink, if it doesn't then there could be issues with the buckle as well.
If I put the seatbelt buckle in, the alarm and light go out. Is there a way to access the pressure switch?

·
Registered
508 Posts
If

If I put the seatbelt buckle in, the alarm and light go out. Is there a way to access the pressure switch?
AFAIK it is buried in the seat. You would probably need to remove all the upholstery to get at it. It might be easier to see if you can buy a matching second hand seat from a breakers yard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi all.
I wanted to try and find the blighter myself and removed the seat - gave me a good chance to clean under it!
Finding the pressure sensor was surprisingly straight forward - just had to unplug it, unclip the base upholstery at the back of the seat, feed the plug through the hole in the base and then gently remove the sensor.
The sensor looked ok (no breaks, corrosion or similar) but I gave it a clean anyway and put it all back together.

Nothing - light and alarm still on!

Am baffled!!! And fearing a replacement seat is needed unless there is a way I can test it (I am no electrician) or replace it.

Thanks all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts