Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
According to the Owners Manual ..........

"Volvo recommends the use only of car​
seat covers approved by Volvo. Other​
seat covers may impede the operation​
of the side airbags."​

·
Registered
252 Posts
I notice Volvo have inserted the word 'may' in their warning.
Volvo seats are no different to any other, all makers fit seat air bags these days, you just need to buy suitable covers-which split when the air bags inflates.

I haven't fitted any covers in my V40, but in previous cars have found finding suitable covers for sports seats difficult due to the high bolsters.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Definitely did you find covers for the V40? I am interested too and the holidays are approaching fast (meaning ... much sweat and sand coming up)
Most seat covers sold in multistores ( eg praktiker) just won't do because of the high bolsters and bucketish seats.
A friend has suggested a guy (polygono area) who makes customized seat covers on the spot. I will check him out and keep you posted.
I won't settle for a sloppy solution.

Oh, and don't let anyone with suntan lotion get near your v40... :exclamation:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely hi, i just talked with them and they don't have covers for the V40 available. Nonetheless they told me that if i can go at the shop they will take out a patron of the seats and in 2 hours they can prepare covers with any material they have available. I think next week I will pay them a visit and see if it's worth it. In the meantime if you have any news please let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.