Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

We just took delivery of a V40 D2 ES, and it is a great car. However, I am seeing something strange with my analogue display that I can't figure out if it is a fault or not.

When I start the car, the info display shows the car with the seatbelt symbols for the five seats. No problem, hit OK on the stalk, and it clears.

However, EVERY TIME I brake to a stop, that same display comes back, and must be cleared again. This happens whether the stop start engages or not - even if I pause at a junction, the thing appears again.

It's quite annoying. I have gone through the manual and the car settings menus, but I can't find any reference to a setting for this. Anyone else seeing the same thing, or know how to change it?

Thanks in advance,

David.

·
Registered
718 Posts
That doesn't seem right. I have the analogue display, which doesn't behave like yours. When I start the car I get the car layout with seatbelt symbols etc. That clears after a while (too long IMO) then the display functions correctly. I don't get the car display unless someone undoes their seatbelt, or a door opens.

I would suggest there is a software glitch. Go back to the dealer, who can easily do a software reload.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It's not a fault I also have it..
And yes you need to click the message away every time..

Now already got a few software updates and still there..
Even the dealer demo has it..

But it should only appear at first start up.. Not after stop/start.
And only for the seat that is occupied..

Trip to the dealer guess some error in the seatbelt sensors.

·
Registered
718 Posts
DBCohen said:
However, EVERY TIME I brake to a stop, that same display comes back, and must be cleared again. This happens whether the stop start engages or not - even if I pause at a junction, the thing appears again.
That isn't right, as I have said mine doesn't behave like that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We tracked it down to the boot catch sensor - it's faulty and keeps registering as the boot being open. This is what causes the warning to pop up in the analogue display. The car is going in tomorrow to have the boot catch mechanism replaced.

Funnily enough, my dealer tells me they have had a few V40s with the same fault.

Thanks for your replies - much appreciated.

David.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts