Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Does anyone have any experience with connecting multiple devices to the car? Is the radio able to be connected to more than one device at any one point?

At the moment I am attempting to overcome the issue of not being able to upgrade the radio to include Sensus Touch. So I was considering mounting an iPad in my car with cellular access.

Wanted to make sure that If I was using both the iPad and my phone that there wouldn't be a conflict..

Regards

Ricky

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not sure i understand your requirement...do you want to play media via the iPad and provide internet access using the iPad's prtable wifi while at the sametime having your phone connected via bluetooth for calls?

If so, then yes it is possible and should work without any issues. Media will be played from one source but bluetooth can override this when a call comes in

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can the car deal with multiple devices on Bluetooth at the same time? Just curious if anyone has tried it

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, its one device on Bluetooth. How would the software deal with two incoming calls at the same time?
I suppose the same way that the Bluetooth on my computer deals with the audio from my headset and also allows a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard to connect and operate independently...

I understand that you wouldn't be able to have two calls at once.. but I was wondering whether you could have your phone connected and another Bluetooth device for audio streaming..

The system could just interrupt the second device when a call comes through as it does if you stream from your phone.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Mmmm, must try that, connect my tablet and phone and see if they both are connected at the same time

·
Registered
18 Posts
I can confirm that it works. I have my iPod touch and Android smartphone connected to the Bluetooth at the same time. While the music is being stream from the iPod I am still able to make calls thru speakers and mic in the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.