Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... I've noticed the MY15 V40's have a fancy new Sensus system and was wondering whether it would be available as an update for the MY14??

P.S. Sorry if this has been discussed before. If so, please direct me accordingly :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
My understanding from other Volvo forums (Swedespeed) is that the new Sensus system is more than just software and that existing Sensus systems (ie pre MY15) cannot be upgraded to the new system.

Tony

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
There is always a way to force you to buy the newer model, sadly. Why can't you just upgrade a few things like you can swop wheels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man, that kinda sucks... Thanks for getting back so quickly guys. I'm still going to be very happy for many years to come with my V40 :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
My new car will be built soon (factory is shut til 11th August apparently), and it should be ready Sep/Oct. Will mine be a MY14 or MY15?

·
Registered
66 Posts
My new car will be built soon (factory is shut til 11th August apparently), and it should be ready Sep/Oct. Will mine be a MY14 or MY15?
It should be a MY15. Do you have the dealer order number? If so, you can register it on the My Volvo website and it will give you info like model year and the order status.

Incidentally, where did you get the info about the factory not re opening until 11 August?

·
Registered
46 Posts
So... I've noticed the MY15 V40's have a fancy new Sensus system and was wondering whether it would be available as an update for the MY14??

P.S. Sorry if this has been discussed before. If so, please direct me accordingly :)
Information as per the volvo website:

Key info in Red:

https://www.media.volvocars.com/glo...rs-total-connectivity-and-added-functionality

Notes to the Editor:
The updated Sensus Connect will be available in all new Volvo models starting in May 2014. Drivers who already have Sensus Connect in their cars today will be offered an update for their system.

The 2014 Volvo Sensus solutions will include the following features among others:

ENTERTAINMENT
Pandora – internet radio (US/Canade/Autralia/New Zealand only)
100 000 global radio stations through TuneIn
Rdio – streaming music service
Stitcher – on-demand radio shows and podcasts
Regional audiobook solutions
NAVIGATION
Upgraded navigation system with 3D graphics and lifetime map upgrades
Park&Pay by Parkopedia – find available parking and pay for it from your car
Yelp – find local services, e.g. restaurants, with reviews
Glympse – dynamic, temporary location sharing
HERE by Nokia - cloud connected services to provide seamless and connected navigation to drivers
Send to Car – find your destination on your phone and send it to your car’s navigation system
Wikipedia – enriched local points-of-interest information
Baidu – local search for the Chinese market
Find Gas
Internet Maps
Weather App
INTERFACE
Refreshed HMI with graphically themed centre and driver displays
Voice control and text-to-speech
CONNECTIVITY
Integrated roof-top antenna and embedded 3G modem
WiFi hotspot in the car
Smartphone tethering (WiFi and Bluetooth)
Bluetooth audio streaming and hands-free calling
SERVICES
Smartphone app – connecting your phone to your car
Engine remote start – app-controlled heating and cooling of the car
Connected service booking - car knows when service is due and will pre-book itself for a convenient service appointment at Volvo dealership
Keywords:
Life Style, Technology

·
Registered
225 Posts
..............Notes to the Editor:
The updated Sensus Connect will be available in all new Volvo models starting in May 2014. Drivers who already have Sensus Connect in their cars today will be offered an update for their system.........
I'm more than happy to stand corrected on this. I did have a quick look for the thread from the Swedespeed forums I was referring to (I recall it was buried in the current S60 sub-forum) but couldn't find it.

While I suspect that while some of the items from the list are software upgrades only (ie I'm assuming free of charge), some of the items I would expect to also require additional hardware which (again) I'm assuming will not be free of charge.

Tony

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm more than happy to stand corrected on this. I did have a quick look for the thread from the Swedespeed forums I was referring to (I recall it was buried in the current S60 sub-forum) but couldn't find it.

While I suspect that while some of the items from the list are software upgrades only (ie I'm assuming free of charge), some of the items I would expect to also require additional hardware which (again) I'm assuming will not be free of charge.

Tony
I believe you're correct Tony and that the update refers to the MY14.5s that came with Sensus Connect not the plain old Sensus that MY14s have. They have all the internet goodies already which as you state is extra hardware MY14s never had and I doubt ever will.

Reactions: TeenoV40

·
Registered
389 Posts
So if i have had the sensus connected touch, fitted to my Dec 2013 car. Will this update have any effect on the layout of the orignal system of the car. (As the connected touch is classed as a meadia choice in the media menu, and i still have the orignal menus to choose from aswell)

·
Registered
202 Posts
I don't think it will as SCT is a separate addon that just plugs in to Sensus as another input source so i doubt it will update it to the new features and graphics of the MY15s.

·
Registered
214 Posts
With Sensus Connect you can send a location from the HERE website to you're Sensus Navigation in the car.

Or you can send a location from the Volvo On Call to you're car..

·
Registered
18 Posts
My car have Sensus Connect but I cannot understand the procedure in order to turn them on. I have to send the location from the HERE website? If I push the NAV button it says that I have to purchase the Navigation System, despite that I have connected my iPhone and the the location services are on.

I though that the online nav system is installed, ready for using. I think that the manual says so.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi guys,

anybody got solution on this? The same situation is with my V40, MY15, Sensus Connect, tethered via iPhone and I cannot access Internet Navigation - all I get is message to contact dealer for purchase of the Sensus Navigation.

Br,

L

My car have Sensus Connect but I cannot understand the procedure in order to turn them on. I have to send the location from the HERE website? If I push the NAV button it says that I have to purchase the Navigation System, despite that I have connected my iPhone and the the location services are on.

I though that the online nav system is installed, ready for using. I think that the manual says so.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys,

anybody got solution on this? The same situation is with my V40, MY15, Sensus Connect, tethered via iPhone and I cannot access Internet Navigation - all I get is message to contact dealer for purchase of the Sensus Navigation.

Br,

L
Tomorrow I will go to my dealer to ask more about this. I will inform forum as soon as possible.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.