Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, just had a message "book for maintenance" appear as an information on start up. The car was registered end of June 2012 and only has 7,500 miles on the clock. The manual says service every 12,500 miles. Has anyone any experience with this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks...the V40 is my wife's; my BMW has a ~20,000 mile service interval which is not time-dependent so I was a bit surprised to see the message come up at just 7,500 miles. Also, in Ireland we don't have the prepaid service pack which I believe is available in the UK so it will work out a bit more expensive.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i make a specific request to have my cars left as they are.
sady in SA most of the dealers in Johannesburg use a broom to wash the car. and the few that use a sponge have no problem dropping the sponge on the filthy floor to pick up sand and grit and then continue washing with it.
its no wonder why cars that are 5 years old like they are going on 20 ...

·
Registered
630 Posts
i make a specific request to have my cars left as they are.

When I have my car serviced, I always give specific instructions regarding what I want doing and what I don't want doing.

Service as per manufacturer's schedule, except/but .......

Don't wash the car.
Don't fill up the washer bottle. (I don't want to be charged for a small bottle of screenwash fluid ~ I buy it more economically in 1 litre containers.)
Don't adjust the tyre pressures. (I keep the pressure of the spare at the specified maximum, because if ever I need to use the spare I know it will be easier to let air out than to pump it up. If I don't say anything the dealer will let it down to the road wheel pressure and then after the service I'll have to re-inflate it to what I want it to be.)

·
Registered
37 Posts
When I have my car serviced, I always give specific instructions regarding what I want doing and what I don't want doing.

Service as per manufacturer's schedule, except/but .......

Don't wash the car.
Don't fill up the washer bottle. (I don't want to be charged for a small bottle of screenwash fluid ~ I buy it more economically in 1 litre containers.)
Don't adjust the tyre pressures. (I keep the pressure of the spare at the specified maximum, because if ever I need to use the spare I know it will be easier to let air out than to pump it up. If I don't say anything the dealer will let it down to the road wheel pressure and then after the service I'll have to re-inflate it to what I want it to be.)
they dont charge us here for screenwas fluid so they can top that up as much as they like.
although to be fair i hardly use it as it strips the wax of the paintwork

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm trying to obtain the UK/EU version of the service-warranty manual for our V40's, but no matter how I change the ESD/volvocars link address, I can't work out how to get to it, so I would really appreciate if any one has the pdf link.

Thanks

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have my first service due in 7 weeks time. Car has been warning me for the last month! Apparently this is due to being PDI'd a month before registration!

Anyway, I'm trying to decide whether to go for a Volvo Service plan that covers three years for £750.00 - is that a good deal or would I pay that anyway?

Secondly, I live in Hertfordshire and the local dealer/service are c**p. They downright lied to me when I had an S60 wanting to put in a new steering rack at three years old to pass MOT! I took it elsewhere (passed) and had the car for another three years and it never had any work done on the steering and suspension.

Can anyone recommend a service agent in the vicinity of Herts? Otherwise it's back to Warwick or Leicester.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I opted for the 3-year service plan when I bought the car - ie 3 full services for £300 + roadside assistance. Could have gone for 5 years for £500 but chose the 3 year option.
OldCroc

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.