Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done about 30k since getting my V40 D3 at the end of May last year.

I've had this occur twice; at 9000 miles covered the service indicator drops from 9k remaining to zero and tells me I need a service. :-/

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've got similar issues with the service indicator in my D2. To sum up the history: I bought the car used in January (roughly 23 500 kilometres on the clock). The service book signed by a Volvo workshop says the car was serviced November 2013 at 21 000 km. The next service should be due at 41 000 kilometres or in November 2014.

Now, it's been 6 months and 26 000 km indicated on the clock. And it says it needs service (no km no month left to service). I asked about this directly from the workshop who serviced the car for the previous owner. They provide me with an answer: they assured that the service was done in the right way as the service booklet says. They did the resetting of the service indication after the service. After that they did a software update on the car. In some cases the service indication can light up again after a while (due to software glitch of some sort). So they should have done the process vice versa.

I’m convinced next time it’ll be done correctly. I think there should be nothing to worry about. Only will I have to remember to book the service myself, the indicator is no good in this case.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.