Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Whilst I am sure most of us devoured the Owner's manuel either before or after receieving our vehicles, I thought it might be good to share any tips/hints or discoveries with the rest of hte group.

For instance I discovered quite by chance that if you depress both the right and left buttons for the wing mirrors they fold away and the same action brings them back out again. Useful I guess if you are squeezing therough a smallish space.

I'm sure many of you knew this but it was new to me.

Anyone else have things like this to share?

:)

Reactions: greatbrit

·
Registered
273 Posts
mate...really tricky one with so many different country and model specs...here in the UK on the R-Design spec, you just tell the computer to fold the mirrors when you lock the car and mike's yer uncle, Sheila's yer aunt...it's done! Fair paly though, have just praised Aus in the general thread. Cheers DC

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi all

Useful I guess if you are squeezing therough a smallish space.

Handy if motorbikes are squeezing past as well.
Also the left mirror dips if you press the mirror button when in reverse, which is great for saving the wheels.

Hi all

Anyone else have things like this to share?

I didn't realise that if you use the right indicator the park assist scans the right side of the road for parking.

That kept me amused for awhile downtown the other day lol.

·
Registered
37 Posts
mate...really tricky one with so many different country and model specs...here in the UK on the R-Design spec, you just tell the computer to fold the mirrors when you lock the car and mike's yer uncle, Sheila's yer aunt...it's done! Fair paly though, have just praised Aus in the general thread. Cheers DC
saves alot of curb rash !

·
Registered
202 Posts
I learned that holding the door lock button down closes all the windows and the unlock button opens them.
And you can select the Sensus source (Radio, Media, My Car etc) by holding the steering wheel exit button down.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Re initial post about folding side window . As pointed out elsewhere, meant whilst moving not when parking. Got that useful parking feature set already.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Btw, how do you add the detail of your car so it appears in your posts?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Also the left mirror dips if you press the mirror button when in reverse, which is great for saving the wheels.
Sadly I don't seem to have this facility on my MY13 R-design, but the automatic mirrors retraction/extending when locking/unlocking works fine.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just realised - to clarify I meant pressing the internal lock buttons on the door not the remote fob to open/close the windows.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It does work with the remote fob too, just press & hold the lock or unlock buttons for a few seconds and all the windows will close or lower. Very handy for airing the car before entering after it has been standing in the hot sun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cleaning the car today and noticed a couple of little pockets on the front edge of the driver and passenger seats. Had seen them before but thought they were flaps to cover the seat adjustment mechanism.

Also, where is this ice scraper that is talked about?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've just found that if you hold down the cruise control + or - the MPH moves in single units instead of 5mph jumps!

Go-on, I bet everyone knew this but me!

·
Registered
139 Posts
If on your volvo sat nav you have custom points of interests (aka speed camera waypoints) loaded and set to audio alert, you will notice that the alert will not work unless you turn sat nav on and accept the "terms and conditions". However, if you have a route "paused" (as opposed to cancelled or not set) the POI alert will come on (when ignition is turned on) without having to turn on or accepting the terms and conditions of the sat nav.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.