Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

in the market for a new company car, and i quite like the look of the new V40 R design - it would need to be the new D4 Geartronic and would add the sat nav option as well as parking and rain sensors.

anyone got the same model and engine / gearbox combination who could share a few bits of info relating to true mpg and how smooth the new 8 speed box actually is - i test drive one tomorrow and then have to choose over a fully kitted up Mazda 3 or an A220 AMG sport mercedes.

all comments gratefully recieved :)

Paul

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think D4 will be too new for comment - unless some of the EU members who have had their hands on it a little longer are able to comment.

Not got my hands on mine yet but in looking at everything comparative out there, the new D4 was a no brainer (I hope) :blush:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi jifen,

like you i am hoping that the new D4 is a no brainer compared to the competition, especially the BIK which i thought was a typo for a 190 bhp motor. hopefully tomorrows test drive will confirm everything, and then its just a case of sorting the lease costs and getting it ordered.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Just make double sure the car you test drive is a 190 and not a 177 5 pot so you get a precise understanding as they seem to be as rare as hens teeth to have one as a demo car surprises me

·
Registered
225 Posts
Keep in mind that while the 190 hp D4 is relatively new to the V40 its been available in the 60 series Volvos since late last year and both the engine and especially the new 8-speed auto has been well received from most accounts I've read.

Tony

·
Registered
156 Posts
I would be careful with the r design,the seats are not as comfortable as the rest of them.
I went for a 2013 summum with electric leather,loads better!
Electric leather?? How does that work?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I test drove all the cars in competition with the V40,the seats in the Volvo are the best.
I prefer the looks to the BMW and also thought that the Merc A class looked a little too flattened.
This Volvo of mine is my 38th car and so far the best.
It took a long time to test drive all the cars but well worth it!
I have the 5 pot 177 d4,nice motor roar in that engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.