Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm from Denmark, but we do not have such a fine V40 forum like this one.
I just got my V40 D2 for a couple of weeks ago and have a question about it that I hope that there are some who can answer here.
All the newer Volvos that I've seen, including the new V40 model has side marker lamps in the headlights! But it is not on my V40! There is room for them, and the lamps are the same as they used to be, but there is no light in them. I have asked my Volvo dealer and they say that it is no longer on the V40 produced after week 46 2013! I just think that it's a strange thing for Volvo to change and find it hard to believe what the dealer says!
Does anyone else here have the same experience?

Sincerely,
Jens

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Jens.

Good to have you on-board. It's already mullti national and all the better for it!

I'll be honest and state that I'm not 100% sure what you refer to? I thought 'Side Marker lights' referred to side mounted indicators. Is that so?

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Welcome Jens ! I think you are referring to turning light indicators. If there are no filaments in the lamps, then how can someone be warned (when in front of the car) that the driver intends to make a turn ? Maybe a fuse is burned ? (but I think fuses usually do not affect the same elements on both sides of the car). I hope someone will give an answer!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think he means the orange lamps in the rear of the headlamps- the old S/V40 had them in the bumpers. Same in the taillamps- the red corner lights. I have them and like 'em

·
Registered
945 Posts
Some countries require them for safety, they had to put them on the federal (us) lotus Elise.

I suppose some will say it is a safety feature as square on there are no lights or reflectors visible unless you have these

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think what Jens means is the little bulb at the top of the headlight assembly which gives a sort of a stripe of light running along the top of the glass. I picked up my V40 in October at it has them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As many of you write, it's the small squares on the side of the headlamp. Not blinker ... I've had a lamp removed, and can see that there is a holder for a bulb, but there is no wire or socket for bulb! In advance, I thank you for all your answers and help ...

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
It does seem strange, but if the wires and socket, then perhaps Volvo decided not to include it anyway. I saw 3 V40s this weekend, all had the yellow light (even one northbound on E45 at Randers, white though), as do mine.

If the dealer know that from that specific week, they don't produce them with the light, they must also know why!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Save money, all those bulbs save a few £ and every little help.

On our lasses st it did not have footwell lights despite being the top of the range, they were all wired in etc but just no bulbs, about £2 for some nice red 501 LEDs sorted it

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've just picked up a copy of the latest UK brochure, MY14.5, ed 2, 03/02/14 and note that it says 'side marker illumination on rear lights' whereas earlier ones and indeed the S/V60 one with same date, says 'side marker illumination', which would imply that the front ones have been quietly dropped from the V40.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think the issue that is being addressed here is that when the headlights or sidelights are on, there is an orange drl in the top backend of the headlamp lense...I can try and post a picture, but when my car's headlights are on, there are the orange lights in the headlamp casing on too. I would imagine my car is a very early 2013 build car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I like what Volvo have done with these sidelights incorporated into the headlights. With most cars the sidelight looks like an after thought being stuck on the side and ruining the side profile.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.