Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you find a problem with side winds particualry on motorway bridges, my V40 seems very susceptible to it and seems to be all over the place and requires a determined effort to control it.

Volvo 154

·
Registered
48 Posts
That sounds strange… I can honestly say that V40 is the most stable car with side wind I’ve ever driven and it’s one of characteristics I like the most with my car. You should probably have your car checked.

·
Registered
21 Posts
volvo154 said:
Do any of you find a problem with side winds particualry on motorway bridges, my V40 seems very susceptible to it and seems to be all over the place and requires a determined effort to control it.

Volvo 154
I have a little the same feeling. The car seems too sensitive to wind. Meaning that I can feel even light wind when driving. However the car is not heavily influenced by wind but it feels like some person is standing outside and pushing to the car. Also when driving in front wind condition the fuel economy is easily affected.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess this depends what you have driven before the V40; for me it was a Smart - talk about sidewinds in that car!
In my V40 I have yet to feel any uncomfortable sidewinds - ofcourse I can feel in the car if there is heavy winds, but that is something I would expect.
But still, the car sits very good on the road, even with heavy winds - again, compared to my old car, that easily could be 'pushed'.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have driven a number of cars before the V40 and I haven't had any significant problems with side winds and here in Belgium there is plenty of wind.

·
Registered
56 Posts
cemi said:
I have driven a number of cars before the V40 and I haven't had any significant problems with side winds and here in Belgium there is plenty of wind.
Did you hava a sidewind Problem with the V40 ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That's strange. I already drove my V40 with side winds bursts of 50km/h to 100km/h and heavy rain during a storm with total stability and without the need of extra effort to control it. In matter of fact, on this day, I remember passing at "Arrabida" bridge on OPorto, Portugal which its entirely exposed to strong sea winds, and several cars where slowing down because they were being pushed to the separator wall by the strong wind bursts from the sea. I had to slow down because of them and when doing it I said to my wife "...did you see that? The car dint move a inch, did you felt this bursts?... She answered... What bursts? I just thought everyone was going crazy..."

Even at high speed like 160km/h to 190km/h when passing by bridges I never felt that my V40 needs steering wheel compensation.

In reality I believe the V40 its the most stable car that I have drove. Maybe because its such a low car in height compared to others in his class.

volvo 154 maybe you should get it checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts