Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any ideas for this?
Previously owned and has left the soap on too long and it's reacted with the laker possibly
IMG_20190930_111840.jpg
IMG_20190930_111840.jpg

Tried a few test patches with some products but it won't budge

·
Registered
4 Posts
Try Autosol metal polish gently, it will remove it , or a compound such as 3M fast cut plus or G3 cutting compound

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm only assuming it's soap that reacted with the laker on the metal.
It looks like soap bubbles and I thought it would rinse off but noting will budge it. Gonna try metal polish on a test patch as soon as I get a dry day. Not sure about the black window trim If all else fails I will get it taped.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Looks like water spotting should polish off if you live in a hard water area and the water has time to dry the lime evaporates from the water and leaves residue behind.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If it's hard water use a gentle acid, such as diluted vinegar, to dissolve it. Test first obviously.

·
Read Only
71 Posts
hi, just to add marks like this can also be caused by traffic film remover, especially that used by cheepo car wash crews....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I only hand wash it with triple wax car soap.... It was there when I bought it used. Cheers, I'm gonna try some test spots with apple cider vinegar solution. Tried polish of types but nothing moved it.

Ile do a couple of test patches and leave it a day or two.

·
Registered
22 Posts
hi, just to add marks like this can also be caused by traffic film remover, especially that used by cheepo car wash crews....
it is exactly that.... and im still trying to find a way to bring the gloss back... if all else fails, going to try buy the genuine parts from volvo dealer....
because it looks horrific.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts