Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have tried to connect my mp3 player (Sony NWZ-A818) via usb connection. Shows on the player that it is trying to connect, but nothing happens on the car's info screen. If I connect my son's Ipod, it reads it straight away!

Is my player just too old now :( ?

Also having trouble connecting my HTC One M8 phone via bluetooth .... neither my phone nor the car can see each other :(

Any pearls of wisdom are greatly received.

Thanks Nina

·
Registered
382 Posts
It may seem a stupid question but you are selecting 'USB' in the Media selector aren't you?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Some of us experienced bluetooth pairing difficulties as detailed in this thread
http://www.volvov40club.com/forums/14-interior/8010-hands-free-now-has-issue.html?
I now have a different phone (Galaxy S5) and this performs perfectly. It may be worth trying a friend's phone with your V40; - if this doesnt work either, suggest you go back to your dealer.

We have an old Sony MP3 too, but have not tried it with the car. When it stops raining I'll try to connect it, and let you know the outcome......

·
Registered
80 Posts
Update
Just tried our Sony (actually ours is an MP4 NWZ-E436F), and got exactly the same result as you; device shows "connecting" but no response from the V40. I guess it is just not compatible with the (oldish) Sony technology.....

You could do as we did - loaded all our favorite albums & tracks on a memory stick which we leave permanently in the car USB socket. With "random" ticked, we get a continual selection of acceptable music while on the move.

Reactions: Wolf52

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that Petrust - this has given me an excuse to buy an ipod nano just for the car! Bit more expensive than a usb stick, but heigh ho!

Nina

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.