Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the V40 over to France shortly -

Anyone bought a spare bulb kit for theirs yet? Just wondering on the price (my V40 has the active xenons)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Taking the V40 over to France shortly -

Anyone bought a spare bulb kit for theirs yet? Just wondering on the price (my V40 has the active xenons)
No idea on that, but don't forget you also need to have 2 x portable breathalyser devices in the car at all times. (and High Vis Jackets and a triangle and the bulb kit and anything else the French have decided is needed to clog up space in your boot....)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankfully Breathalyzer legislation has been put on hold so not yet a legal requirement.

·
Registered
945 Posts
I went over to Lemans in June in my R-d, I just stuck my bulb kit from my old Lotus in the boot.

Remember you keep your high viz vests (one for each passenger) in the car, not in the boot!!

Also if you have the posh digital display like in the R-design, check you can get KM/H up, there is a recal for these going out, volvo did not think the lack of KM/H speedo for use abroad was a safety issue so did not bother with a recall......... until I complained!!!!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Also if you have the posh digital display like in the R-design, check you can get KM/H up, there is a recal for these going out, volvo did not think the lack of KM/H speedo for use abroad was a safety issue so did not bother with a recall......... until I complained!!!!
Good to know - I've seen a few posts on here from others querying if this was possible..... Sounds like it is now :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've always been able to get a small km/hr reading from day one (mine was one of the fist in the uk last Sept). Are you saying theres a recall to enable to the main display to read in km/hr?

·
Registered
945 Posts
No what happened was there was a software update on my13 cars and this update deleted the small kph reading so the thumb wheel only gave you average speed and distance to empty on the right hand side

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No what happened was there was a software update on my13 cars and this update deleted the small kph reading so the thumb wheel only gave you average speed and distance to empty on the right hand side
Ah so an update to backtrack on a previous crappy update - got you lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts