Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one, just wondering if anyone can help with issue. I have the pack that gives you the speed limit in your display but when you start off from home it always shows 60 mph until it reaches the first 30 mph sign which is a good 3 mile away can it be set to 30 mph from go.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Nope.

It's a weird system, It's just displaying the last sign that it saw through the camera above the windscreen. I go through a 50mph zone, then a 30, but the 30 sign is kind of hidden, so the car says it's 50 through the 30.

I don't know why it can't also use the speed limits form the sat nav maps.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So, it's making up a new limit when it's turned off?

That's weird. I'll check mine tomorrow.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This system is weird - I agree! There is no option to reset speed limit :( At mine it shows the last speed limit after engine is turned off & on again.
I wanted to write e-mail to Volvo about this (and few other issues) however there is always no time to write it properly. There must be an easy way to software this in next software update.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mine doesn't show any sign when started up and if it doesn't see a sign for a while, it does not display anything either. Also when the "unrestricted speed sign" in Germany is registered, it also stops displaying that sign after a few km's (sooner than it would stop showing a restriction).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi denn1s no the nav is built in and i know that the front facing camera detects signs but maybe they are linked in some way it just seems a coincidence that the problem solve itself by using the upgrade discs

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Try driving up the M1 between Junction 28 to 31. There is a 50mph limit for road works. There are at least thirty 50mph signs on this section oath or south. The sat nav indicates 70. The speed limits are extracted from the maps I think, not by the car seeing the road signs?

·
Registered
945 Posts
Try driving up the M1 between Junction 28 to 31. There is a 50mph limit for road works. There are at least thirty 50mph signs on this section oath or south. The sat nav indicates 70. The speed limits are extracted from the maps I think, not by the car seeing the road signs?
That is exacta toy the place I was thinking of when mine still shows 70 in the temp (well for at least the next 18 months) 50 zone:thumbup:

I do however seem to recal there was a nanny feature you could pay for that showed the last road sign, for when you haven't bothered taking notice of what your doing (probably texting or something).. And they call it a safety feature:s

Not really having a go at Volvo etc but the human race where by if we add something to give us a little extra safety humans just lower there standards and rely on the new feature to compensate/counter it

·
Registered
718 Posts
Dennis,
Does that mean I should be very aware if I am being followed by a V40 in case the driver is relying on City Safety to avoid a shunt ;)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I do however seem to recal there was a nanny feature you could pay for that showed the last road sign, for when you haven't bothered taking notice of what your doing (probably texting or something).. And they call it a safety feature:s
Yep, that system. Those of you without it, where does your Nav display the sore limit? I don't get speed limits displayed on my Nav screen?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Top right hand corner of nav screen.
Strange - mine does not, but it'd be handy. Maybe there's an option to enable it?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Checked on my way in to work this morning - mine definitely doesn't show the speed limit on the nav screen, and I can't find an option to enable it.

How odd.

Has anyone with the on-dash speed limit option also got speed limits showing on the nav screen?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.