Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
When I purchased my V40 from new the whole clutch pedal assembly had to be replaced under warranty.
The issue started with a slight intermittent squeak that gradually over time started to feel an ever so slight resistance at certain point when pressing the pedal down, this turned into a more obvious resistance and a slight soft clicking noise at the point of resistance.

The car went into to be checked a couple of times but each time the service department could find an issue, so when it got to point of really p**sing me off I insisted that the service manager come for a drive, and within a few hundred yards of driving with the radio off on a nice smooth quiet road, and with the service manager leaning over, head down listening, which from anyone watching us must of looked as though we were getting far too friendly than we should be , he could hear the noise exactly at the same time I could feel resistance on the pedal.

It turned out that apparently there were a number of V40's that had a manufacturing fault with the clutch assembly, where a weld on the clutch assembly was catching on something as it was pressed downwards.

I was told later on during another visit that my local dealership had changed a number of the clutch assemblies on V40's since doing mine..

The sound that you have on your video though is more like the return spring needs replacing ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply, not sure really. I sprayed the whole pedal, in different areas with lithium grease. Left overnight and the noise has gone. Been about a week and still going good. Will get it checked out, if it gets as bad as this again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts