Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

We find that the front seats on our V40 are prone to making creaking noises when going around corners etc (sounds like an old door opening).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
No creaking noises in mine, but I have this weird loose metal sound coming from the passenger seat, almost sounds like a marble rolling around, can't find the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
:huh:
Yes, I have same problems with front seats thay made that noise, more when is weather cold. I contact my dealer and thay try to fix them with silicom spray. Unfortunatly the noise was come back soon. The problem is black plastic parts overside seats.

·
Registered
227 Posts
noise

No creaking noises in mine, but I have this weird loose metal sound coming from the passenger seat, almost sounds like a marble rolling around, can't find the problem.
VoodooBoB has somebody been sitting behind the seat and kicked the air duct under the seat if so maybe they have loosened the two clips and one has fallen into the frame under the seat . does the noise happen when you turn or when you stop and start

·
Registered
22 Posts
im also experiencing the squeaky seats nightmare on of my front passenger seats.

this can be reduced by slipping in a thin cloth between the leather seats and the plastic

anybody with a permanent solution to this problem?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
VoodooBoB has somebody been sitting behind the seat and kicked the air duct under the seat if so maybe they have loosened the two clips and one has fallen into the frame under the seat . does the noise happen when you turn or when you stop and start
Mostly when I pull away, or when going over speed bumps. But soon I don;t have to worry about it anymore, as I probably have the T3 only for another week.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
@Yellowbelly V40 D3 Elite, same color, has sat nav and keyless entry, taranis rims (looking at getting them painted matte black), sport pack. Just trying to see now what dealership will give me the best trade in. Disappointed in my usual one I always deal with, they want to give me almost nothing for the car, which I find hard to believe that the car's value already could have dropped so much in 11 months.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Anyone found a permanent solution already?

My driver seat is making squeaky noises especially when I'm on uneven road. Pretty sure that it's from some lose metal parts inside the seat.

Sigh...though a small issue..but it's a turn off when u just wanna enjoy your new ride..:(

·
Registered
273 Posts
This thread minds me of that old VW advert when the squeak is driving the guy bonkers and it turns out to be the missus earrings lol! My car has the same oddity as @denn1s in that the seat belt fittings rub against the seat on the passenger side...guess a felt pad or something would probably eliminate it rather than anything too drastic...I turn the stereo up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Understand your frustration jlow. Went thru **** myself with all the rattles, squeaks, and steering noises. The seats were terribly squeaky that's for sure!

Anyway got everything sorted out after I wrote a long ass email to volvo stating my issues and frustrations. Took them about 1 week to sort everything out. The occasional squeaks are still there tho, but greatly reduced after the fix. Guess we just have to live with it.

Suggest you write them an official letter, demanding them get all issues fixed. I'm sure they will help u out. I even got myself a courtesy car during the weeklong repair!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Understand your frustration jlow. Went thru **** myself with all the rattles, squeaks, and steering noises. The seats were terribly squeaky that's for sure!

Anyway got everything sorted out after I wrote a long ass email to volvo stating my issues and frustrations. Took them about 1 week to sort everything out. The occasional squeaks are still there tho, but greatly reduced after the fix. Guess we just have to live with it.

Suggest you write them an official letter, demanding them get all issues fixed. I'm sure they will help u out. I even got myself a courtesy car during the weeklong repair!
Hi w3009c,

I did write them an email previously on other matters but till now no reply at all. Guess its already more than a week. Lucky u for having a courtesy car.

I will gather all my probs and write to them again one off. Especially on my disappointment of the car's performance which was claimed to be hitting 100km/h in 6.9secs. Total bullshit for that on my ride..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Jlow,

This might help you. Ring 0320811333. By pass all emails and letters. Directly ring that number and ask for angelina. She's the customer service manager. She assisted on my case.

With pressure from volvo malaysia themselves, I'm sure federal auto will work something out for you. By the way, I did a 0 to 100 test on my t5 cc, took me around 8 seconds to hit the 100 mark. Not quite the 6.5 they claimed but im pretty sure it's the other running factors. I was on bhp Ron 98

Hope you get your issues sorted soon.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.