Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I had the red warning light come on say I need an srs airbag service, I get the car serviced every year just not at a Volvo dealer
Any idea the cost of this service?
it’s a 64 plate v40 d3 lux

·
Registered
170 Posts
The message actually means that there is a fault in the SRS system that requires attention. Without knowing the fault code(s) that have been stored, it would be difficult to say what is wrong, so the first course of action would be a diagnostic check to read the code(s) that have caused the message to appear.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi I had the red warning light come on say I need an srs airbag service, I get the car serviced every year just not at a Volvo dealer
Any idea the cost of this service?
it’s a 64 plate v40 d3 lux
The closing velocity sensor is a little temperamental and is the radar thing in the windscreen. Head can be a factor.
I'm guessing here by the way. May clear itself. it is part of the SRS system.

If you have a local volvo friend with a vida computer setup, they can plug in and determine which part of the system had/has the error.

Where about in the UK are you?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The closing velocity sensor is a little temperamental and is the radar thing in the windscreen. Head can be a factor.
I'm guessing here by the way. May clear itself. it is part of the SRS system.

If you have a local volvo friend with a vida computer setup, they can plug in and determine which part of the system had/has the error.

Where about in the UK are you?
Hi I’m in Lichfield staffordshire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts