Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What could be the problem here? After I hardwired dashcam to the fuse box the s/s function have stopped working. It says that s/s is unavailable during battery charge. Dashcam should not consume any power because it turns off when car is off. Also measured the battery with a multimeter and got 12.6 volts when engine off. So battery should be ok. Did bms reset both engine off and engine on, but still not working.
I dont know if the dashcam installation is related to the problem but is it possible that it somehow drains the battery? It is connected to the constant power and ign. on power as garmin suggests.

·
Registered
2017 R Design D2
766 Posts
Could be coincidence... you could un install the connections to confirm. If the cam is the issue, id then look at where you taken constant power from? the system might not like that and could be draining... basically any accessory is likely to have some currant draw, and the system wont cope. Good news is you dont have an E-pace with a badly fitted tracker :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be coincidence... you could un install the connections to confirm. If the cam is the issue, id then look at where you taken constant power from? the system might not like that and could be draining... basically any accessory is likely to have some currant draw, and the system wont cope. Good news is you dont have an E-pace with a badly fitted tracker :D
I'll disconnect the dashcam and see what happens. Constant power is connected to f70 under the glove box. F70 is related to the fuel cap if i remember right.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I enquired about Volvo fitting a dash cam, (this was an advertised fitted extra) and they said they no longer offered this, as it caused too many electrical problems. Too many electrical items around the internal mirror. Not keen on having wires trailing all over the dash as per the good old days, so i decided against fitting myself.
Not like Volvo to turn down an easy pot of money.

·
Super Moderator
669 Posts
Not like Volvo to turn down an easy pot of money.
Except when i causes lots of problems that they have to then pay to fix as they installed it and would be responsible for other things gong wrong.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I used the 12v connector for the auto dimming mirror that is in place and switched live even if you haven't got that option for my camera. Not going to bother wil running cables through sections where airbags are etc and behind fuse panels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the 12v connector for the auto dimming mirror that is in place and switched live even if you haven't got that option for my camera. Not going to bother wil running cables through sections where airbags are etc and behind fuse panels.
Yes, will do the same later. Cam is now connected to the 12v socket.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Disconnected dashcam couble of days ago and still having battery problems. Maybe need a new battery.
I've had 2 v40's and this feature has only worked intermittently at best (usually after a long run!). It was explained to me by Volvo that the secondary battery installed specifically for this feature won't operate at less than 80%. battery level. Personally I would disable it if that were possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts