Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. V40 rdesign my17 600 miles on the clock.
I have had her 1 month now and can't believe how steamed up she gets, I have tried auto with aircon on and then just window with aircon and it doesn't clear. If I put the front window demister/heater on, it also doesn't make much of a difference and gets too bloody hot! It's like the aircon isn't working or its not taking the moisture out of the air, anyone else have this problem or have a solution please? I have cleaned it tonight with a cloth for the first time, I was trying to avoid doing this but felt I had no other choice tonight....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
767 Posts
Hi can say we have never had a problem with condensation in the v40, in fact it has been one of the best having said that we keep A/C on for the whole of our leases summer and winter, the only misting up we have had is in the xenon headlights which we have no control of, can you feel the air getting to the windscreen vents, sure someone will come up with a fix soon, we had a scirocco before the v40 and that misted up all the time so I can understand your concern.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey,
first of all.. do you use AUTO setting for air condition?
And second one.. do you have circulation of air condition turned off?

Because on my v40 i am really impressed how my windows never mist. Compare to other cars i drive before this volvo is perfect about that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always have auto on and always circulation off. I'm wondering if the aircon isn't actually working. Do you hear a click or a clonk when turning on and off, can't say I have heard one and when I do put the blowers on full with aircon, it's not really ice cold. Will check the blowers also and see if I can actually feel them blowing on the window. It's really rather poor.

·
Registered
767 Posts
cant say I hear a click or clonk as never thought about it if the blowers on full it will drown out even the radio on ours so if that's as yours is that's ok seems your temperature setting is not right or the vents are not open fully I would suggest a quick visit to the dealers who will give you a run though just to check nothing is wrong it being a new car just could be a bug in the system.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mine has started doing this and I have had to take it off auto climate and put it into Windows and floor mode with the fan on about half temp set at 21 seems to not steam now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
What is the difference between selecting windows / body / floor together or selecting Auto?
By this I mean using the body buttons on the control panel NOT selecting Auto climate

·
Registered
314 Posts
I belive when it's on auto when the selected temperature is reached it almost stops all air flow just blows enough to maintain temperature on manual you select where the air goes and how much hence I'm leaving my fan on half speed all the time to stop it steaming up.
Must admit never had this problem before so it's possible they did another climate system software update at the last service in December and thats what f***ed it up.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sounds like the air con isn't working. Air con removes a lot/most of the moisture from the air so is v good for demistig even when the engine/air is cold...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My aircon is working. I can hear it starting up when I press the button.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I never have this problem - whether on auto or not.. Matty - are you sure it's actually working? It might make the clunks and different noises but that may still not work.. Does/has it blasted out cold air when set to the coolest setting (may be hard to test in winter!!)

·
Registered
767 Posts
But my car is 4 weeks old, it should work.....

not being patronising but please cars do not always come perfect in every detail things happen a faulty part that gets though a fitter having a bad day or a software fault, I should know if you care to check back the forum we had a v40 cc that wouldn't think twice about locking us out, monitors that would not work etc. the faults mounted up over 8 months all from day2 of taking delivery it was returned though the lease company motability as unfit for task, just do as we did just get it checked out at the dealers that's what they are for. you really didn't need that scape along the side on top of this, but it will all get sorted just don't let it put you off your car.
as I said this is just advice from an old chap who started work in a garage in the 60s,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you. Hopefully the damage is getting sorted by insurance on Monday so will get the aircon checked out by the dealer when I get it back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I rarely get the misty windows when I enter the car. When I bought mine the seller advised me always to turn the air-con on due to the dehumidifier it comes with and helps a lot in humid conditions.

By the time I walk in, turn the engine and the air-con on wait 10 seconds and the humidity is gone. Airflow should always point to the front window to be effective, avoid the auto configuration at least at the beginning.

Personally I have a Piggi car dehumidifier bag hidden in the compartment under the main console. Helps to keep the humidity levels low within the car. Good luck!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts