Volvo V40 Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a 15plate D4 since June and whilst i enjoy driving my first ever Volvo, this window thing is driving me nuts. Doesn't matter what i set the air to, i can never get rid of steamy windows. I'm driving like I've wiped the show off the bottom of my windscreen and peering through that.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Go for a long drive and put the climate control to 25+ degrees for a while. That'll remove most of the moisture from the car so it will be less of an issue. In my car it usually accumulates between the rear windows and the privacy shades. A/C helps, but mostly in the front since that's where the blower is at. Heating the car every so often should help :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Go for a long drive and put the climate control to 25+ degrees for a while. That'll remove most of the moisture from the car so it will be less of an issue. In my car it usually accumulates between the rear windows and the privacy shades. A/C helps, but mostly in the front since that's where the blower is at. Heating the car every so often should help :)
Thanks mate, I drive 45 mins to work and then do quite a lot of driving between projects and nothing seems to shift it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you got the aircon on? This is part of the automatic computer controlled 'Climate Control' which monitors for mist. Also aircon dries the air naturally as part of the cooling and reheating.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As OldEngineer said, correctly working air conditioning will dry the air. It's counter-intuitive, but a cold air-conditioned flow of air over the screen will remove condensation. In my old car I used to shut the vents, turn air conditioning to cold and fan to full. Obviously warm air is better for defrosting. Climate control on and pressing defrost button is what the V40 manual recommends though.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts