Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody encountered this annoying creaking sound when you turn your steering during low speed or idle?

sounds like twisted spring. gosh i dont really know how to describe the sound! :mad:

·
Registered
191 Posts
has anybody encountered this annoying creaking sound when you turn your steering during low speed or idle?

sounds like twisted spring. gosh i dont really know how to describe the sound! :mad:
Yep, I too have a (fairly quiet) creaking sound when turn the wheel at low speed or idle.

I'm approaching the time for my car's second service and will ask the dealer to look at it then.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I vaguely remember a creaking noise from the steering wheel when I first picked up my V40. It was not loud and did not bother me. It disappeared quickly too after picking the car up new, never returning. That was 14 months ago mind you hence my vagueness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have just returned from the dealers and after some checking, they found out that my coil springs are the culprit.

Will take 2 weeks for the replacement coil springs to arrive from Sweden, and hopefully it will solve this once and for all after replacing them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no luck with the service centers. brought my car in and had my coil springs exchanged for 3 times, still the problem persists!

it's now sitting in the service center for the past 5 days, without any indication on when this will be sorted. it's getting really frustrating.

anyway, here's a video clip on the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzSKeXetNHs&feature=youtu.be

background noise is pretty bad, so trying using ear phones for better clarity.

hope you guys can help me out with suggestions on how to fix this :/ even the dealers are / volvo technicians are clueless!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.