Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i went on a long journey last weekend and came back to find lots of new stone chips, quite a few on the windscreen. All are very small. Do any other V40 owners have these as well?

My friend said its common and just to leave them, i will, but just wandered if they are more common on this particular model for any reason as i dont remember getting too many on my previous car. Also what sort of price would a windscreen replacement be for a v40? thanks in advance

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have a few very small nicks on the screen, but nothing noticeable on the paint

·
Registered
509 Posts
I did only have 1 big stone chip, which took out around a 'power button on a phone' sized chuck out of the paint just near the grill, was overtaking a lorry with many wheels. I hear a big 'clunk' though the worse, a large dent or similar, so I just used touch up paint and clear coat, and it was almost good as new (I mean the inspector missed that one when it was collected). However I didn't have any on the windscreen and other parts of the bumper. Car only had 9k miles when returned. I did repalace my windscreen due to a branch falling on it (when it was super windy early last year), and it doesn't affect insurance and it costs me £75. However they might be able to 'fix' the stone chips, and that would have been £10 or £20 excess. The replacement windscreen seemed to be quieter too, despite me thinking it should not be as it wasn't Volvo 'glass.'

1 - 3 of 3 Posts