Volvo V40 Forums banner

Does your Volvo V40, T3 experience a slight “shudder” when pressing the Stop/Start button to turn th

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m experiencing an intermittent problem with my new V40, T3 which has done 1 700 km. When pressing the stop/start button to turn the car off, there is a distinctive shudder as it shuts down. There is no pattern to this behavior. Sometimes it’s a smooth shutdown (no shudder) – other times a slight shudder, and occasionally a very pronounced shudder. The dealership is struggling to identify the problem and has already run 2 diagnostics and performed a software upgrade, all to no avail. Any suggestions to what may be causing this?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I too have noticed a slight shudder a few times, but not lately.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Can't now remember if mine is doing it, I know the car shudders when I press the clutch in to start when I am a stop light.

Thought it was normal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine does that to, its normal I gues, some small shudder must be ok :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
I sometimes get it when I turn off my T4-equivalent engine start-stop Focus. I assume it's just the engine rocking on its rubber mounts and is something which would occur if you switched off using a conventional (or should I say old-fashioned?) ignition key.

·
Super Moderator
459 Posts
I experience this shudder very - very rarely. I believe it is a problem caused by fuel quality. Lower quality diesel may cause this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts