Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and Volvo and have a question which I hope some of you may be able to answer.

There is a constant disturbing hissing and whistling noise coming from the vents, dashboard or footwell (as far as I can tell). It seems to be louder/more audible in the footwell (driver side). The noise is constant and starts as soon as the car is turned on with the A/C on too. This noise is independent of and not affected by what temperature I have set, whether climate control is in manual or auto mode, or the fan speed. When I toggle the A/C off the noise disappears and then comes back straight away when it is turned back on. With the A/C on the noise stops shortly when the car enters Stop/Go mode at a junction and comes straight on when the engine is restarted again.

A recording of the noise: DM550217_2.mp3

Any ideas? Thanks!

Mario

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Auxiliary belt on the AC compressor?
Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. I have sent the file to the dealer too but they tried to fobb me off at first by telling me that this could be wind noise (at least not that it is normal). I replied that the car was stationary when I took the recording :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, that is what I was thinking too. I have sent the file to the dealer too but they tried to fobb me off at first by telling me that this could be wind noise (at least not that it is normal). I replied that the car was stationary when I took the recording :)

Cheers!
There is no noise when the AC is working, it does sound like a belt but I've just twigged your the same chap in the other post about the odd panels, it could be down to the accident damage if its the case of course. I can't really see any other explanation for the panels, they should be bang on even.

Lookers Volvo down your way are meant to be good or the one in Ipswich I've found to be helpful.

Jason in Ipswich (as I see you're I Colchester)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is no noise when the AC is working, it does sound like a belt but I've just twigged your the same chap in the other post about the odd panels, it could be down to the accident damage if its the case of course. I can't really see any other explanation for the panels, they should be bang on even.

Lookers Volvo down your way are meant to be good or the one in Ipswich I've found to be helpful.

Jason in Ipswich (as I see you're I Colchester)
Thanks. Yes, I know Donalds in Ipswich from my Mazda time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts