Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

Just a quick shout out to say hello and I guess its good to give a quick intro.
I joined the club a while ago but not really found the time to become active. But hey, thats what winter is for eh?!?

Scotsman living in Norway and into everything Volvo.

The Cars:
- of course the V40 R-design D2 (Rebel Blue)
- 940 SE turbo (2.3 HP turbo)
- 1961 PV544 with a B20

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved on here :thumbup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome jumanji !
You seem to be part of the Volvo family for a long time now.
My V40 is my first Volvo and I am seriously enjoying it!
Thanks! Well I have only had my own vovlo's for a few years now. But I come from a family of Volvo and Ford lovers so its definitely in the blood ;)

Yeh the V40 is a great car, and I have been pleasantly surprised by the D2 engine for daily driving and getting to the mountains in the winter.

·
Registered
591 Posts
It seems strange saying welcome to a member who's online age eclipses my own but welcome it is :D

and getting to the mountains in the winter.
Sounds like you are a good source for winter tyre advise, have you tried many and like me are you a Nokian lover ?

Reactions: jumanji

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems strange saying welcome to a member who's online age eclipses my own but welcome it is :D

Sounds like you are a good source for winter tyre advise, have you tried many and like me are you a Nokian lover ?
ha thanks! yeh my Laptop decided to die shortly after I joined the club, and I am not a fan of browsing these things on my mobile. so I guess I kind of just forgot about it once I replced the computer. But I was a member of these kind of forums for my previous cars and they were always a good laugh and a good source of info :)

With regards to the winter tyres, Norway is definitely a good place to test them! I have only lived here for two years and only driven one year in the winter. But yes, I can agree with you on the Nokian's, they are superb. I often drive my mates merc E-class with the Nokians and they are the best non-studded winter tyres I have experienced on ice for sure. I just have the michelin's that the V40 came with and they are ok for a non studed tyre. I had one sketchy moment with them on a downhill hairpin bend in a couple of inches of snow. But, then again. the laws of physics are still in effect with winter tyres or not. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would love to see photos of your other Volvos mate!
The 940, dont have many pictures as this one is back in Scotland.

[/URL][/IMG]

And the PV. Got a lot planned for this, few things done so far but much more to come, including a full strip down and re-paint. (previous owner painted the horrific white lower section)
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
591 Posts
Oh wow, all credit to you they are in beautiful condition

Just looked through your other pics of the V40 and that is some deeeeeep shine - I love my autoglym but have to ask what do you use ?

Reactions: jumanji

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh wow, all credit to you they are in beautiful condition

Just looked through your other pics of the V40 and that is some deeeeeep shine - I love my autoglym but have to ask what do you use ?
Thanks, appreciate the comments! Ok, I have to confess that I am a bit ocd with cars and really into detailing. Autoglym is great stuff. I use a whole range of different products but If you are looking for something else to try around the same price range then try meguiars, if you havent already. If I remember correctly, the pictures of my V40 were taken after a polish (honestly cant remember what polish I used that time) and then a coat of meguiars ultimate liquid wax. The rebel blue definitely needs a good coat of wax to get the deep shine.

I guess there are probably a lot of detailers on here. But if no one has done it already then I would quite happily start a detailing thread and share some tips? And I'm sure I could learn something from others too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.