Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening all.

Now before you jump with "use the search, it's been discussed before", let me assure you it hasn't, not in depth anyways.
As the title says, looking for feedback from people who have remapped a T2 B4204T38.

I have found a tuner who like many others has quoted me 190bhp and 340Nm (picture attached) for £400.

I'm a bit concerned about how this could affect the mechanical parts of the car and if it will cause premature wear. I am aware from reading on this forum that the flywheel gearbox or even the turbo can be affected if you are heavy-footed. I want to hear from people who have done this remap and specifically how it affected their cars longevity.
Also, how much of an impact did this have on your insurance?

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for your efforts, quite impressive discovery, as it can get frustrating to untangle Internet information.
Adding to your conclusion, one must also account for owner's style of driving and servicing routine. Even the type of fuel used.
Hopefully I can get a hold of my insurer to find out how big of an impact the remap could have on my premium and I'll go ahead if not overly expensive.

·
Registered
2017 T2 R-Design
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Insurer denied my modification and on top of that, I have to spend the money elsewhere, so no Christmas treat for me. I hate it when they won't tell you why the computer said'no'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts