Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in a V40 procession this morning (Sunday 16/3) around 10.30 on the M1 in Northants. Exactly the same colour as mine, (Titanium). I knew it was V40 miles away as he was driving as carefully as me, no doubt to achieve super efficiency!

I was surprised to see "T2" emblazoned on the lovely V's shapely rear and looked this up when I arrived home. I found the following on Volvo's website:

"Announced at the Geneva Motorshow, the manual versions of the V40 D2 and V40 D2 R-Design (115hp) now come with reduced CO2 emissions, down from 94g/km to 88g/km (EU Combined), which translates into a fuel consumption improvement of 4.6mpg, to 83.1mpg. The corresponding figures (preliminary) for the V40 Cross Country with the D2 engine are 99 g/km (74.3mpg).

"By continuously cutting CO2 emissions, we demonstrate our leading position within fuel efficiency improvements," says Doug Speck, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Customer Service at Volvo Car Group.

New T2 engine with 120hp
Available on the V40 and V40 R-Design, Volvo Cars has added a new variant of the four-cylinder, 1.6-litre engine to the range of direct-injected petrol engines. The Volvo V40 T2 has 120 hp and 240 Nm of torque. CO2 emissions with the manual gearbox are 124g/km (EU Combined, preliminary figures), which translates into fuel consumption of 53.3mpg"

Please note the interesting release of the 1.6 petrol but also the MPG promise of the 'new' D2, 83.1 mpg. Imagine how I felt after achieving a mere 68.8mpg over the 200 miles of today's journey!

Here's the choice. Tuning box or a new V40 D2!

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
These dudes must stop quoting lab figures and post real world figures. No use driving the car inside a building on a dyno at constant 80km/h and then say, ooo, ooo, look at the good fuel consumption we are getting.

Reactions: worm59

·
Registered
718 Posts
In the EU all manufacturers must provide consumption figures taken from the standard test. No that isn't real world, but then we have one of our number who gets 70+mpg and another less than 50mpg with the same spec engine. Driving styles?
Here is the relevant UK DVLA website http://www.dft.gov.uk/vca/fcb/faqs-fuel-consumptio.asp

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Ok, I understand your point, but still, to me that is some form of false advertising. Same with cellphones, I never get the battery life they claim. :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
We've already had this discussion on the forum, I think... As much as it is annoying, the figures should be used as a means of comparison between different cars, not as real world figures.

---------------------
Volvo V40 D2 Momentum, Ice White, Premium Sound, BLIS+LKA+RSI, TFT Display, Heated Windscreen, Rear Park Assist, Active High Beam, Power Child Lock

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.