Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the potential tune for T4 could be? Polestar website is not revealing anything?

Given its a 180bhp, 240nm Turbo - could 225bhp and 300nm be easily achievable? Can the dual clutch gearbox handle that?

Cheers

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@raytint - thanks for the tip! 200hp and 300nm torque! I'm wondering if 200HP is the "safe" limit for the 1.6 turbo's before economy or stability gets affected? I'm quite surprised by the torque increase!

Do you guys reckon the higher increase in torque is from the fact that there is a base of 30nm overboost to start with and they are working off that?

What could stage 2/3 look like with a T4? 250hp & 350nm? :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I actually run a MTE tune in my T4 which gives me a 200bhp and 340nm config... Stage 1 tuning... so just new software... this Is measured on dyno...
The 340nm is approx the max on this clutch...

If you want to know more about the potential I would suggest to read on the ford focus 1.6 Eco boost... As that's the same engine :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
The MTE tune is actually very smooth...
With a lot of tunes you get the full power only pressing gently on the throttle... Here the power is over the full pedal range so you can drive it very normal.. But when you want the power it's there ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrickv said:
The MTE tune is actually very smooth...
With a lot of tunes you get the full power only pressing gently on the throttle... Here the power is over the full pedal range so you can drive it very normal.. But when you want the power it's there ;)
That's good to hear! i hope the Polestar tune will be as good as that's probably gonna be the only option offered with warranty in singapore when it becomes available..

Does anyone know how does the "Overboost" of 30Nm works? Is that just available on Wide Open Throttle or is there a button or setting to configure? I'm guessing the custom tune's just take care of that and make that always-on?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Basically any changes void warranty.
The only tuning with factory warranty is polestar.
Over here there are quit a few dealers that offer rica tuning where they offer to keep warranty.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here in Greece we have no news about either Polestar or MTE. I have emailed MTE several times since I would love to run the update myself using a softloader but I have received no response so far. Hopefully an upgrade will be available here soon.

As far as the "overboost" goes, my feeling is that if you accelerate in full, you can feel the overboost at 4100 rpm kicking in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
for those who have tuned, will you experience wheel spin on wide open throttle or when launching the car? given its a fwd, is there a feeling of too much power running away?

·
Registered
108 Posts
1st and 2nd gear give wheel spin easily if you just open throttle full.. But that also was before tuning...
The most fun is in 4th and 5th gear where over taking becomes much easier...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Patrickv said:
The most fun is in 4th and 5th gear where over taking becomes much easier...
SWEET! In unrestricted motorways, is it possible to touch 250kmh/155mph? Or is there a limiter built in? ( i assumed the tuning would have removed the limiter)

·
Registered
108 Posts
235 at least ;)
Still had power left.. But unfortunately no open German highway.... ;)
Still love the tuning I got in there..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts