Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to put a pic of my baby up!

I spent the day detailing her, including wheel sealant, glass nano-treatment, leather conditioning, clay bar/cleanse/paint sealant, and chrome polishing/sealant on the exhaust tip.

Aaaaaaand it looks about the same as it did this morning lol. That's the catch with white I guess, but the clean was more about protecting the paint long-term than bringing it up.

My old C30 was black and it looked fantastic after a good polish and seal, but days later and it was as though it hadn't been cared for for months. Hard work. I'm hoping the white proves to be less sensitive :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks reaallyy nice!!

What brand 'cleaning-stuff' do you use?
I'm not a real cleaner, but with new cars, new intentions arrive :blush:. So I'm planning to maintain mine better than my previous car(s) :wink2:. Therefor I'm curious what brand you use

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I mainly use Dodo Juice products. In this brand it's the detergent for washing, clay bar (I use mint lube with that), pre-wax cleanser and paint sealant. I also use Menzerna polish, Autosol chrome polish, and Zaino (Grand Finale final detail spray). I love the Nanolex brand for their window cleaning products. The glass sealant looks a bit like Rain-X when it's raining, but it lasts 6 months instead of like 1!! I also use Nanolex wheel sealant. When the car's new, it may sound fussy but I take each wheel off and clean it inside and out, then seal. You should have seen the brake dust iron pitting in my old wheels that I didn't seal, I washed that car frequently but the pitting you just couldn't get off. Seal the rims every 12 months and it makes life a lot easier.

Interior I use Duragloss leather conditioner, Aerospace 303 for the plastics.

Also, I'm a 2-bucket guy when washing, and use a mitt to wash and a waffle cloth (not a chamois) to dry. Give the waffle cloth a go if you don't already, a much faster way and better for your paint. Oh and prior to washing, I cover the car in snow foam to loosen the dirt.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Wow!!
As the voice over guy in Quake 3 Arena used to say... IMPRESSIVE :)
So, for the big question...
How much to come over & do mine??!! :wink2:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Excellent job you have done there, and wish I could still do my own, my monthly 30min £20 mini valet at the car wash doesn't get anywhere near that.:grin2::grin2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
egb
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing