Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has had any issues with the taillight lens on their V40. I have a V40 T5 Rdesign in Rebel and the vehicle is 11 months old. At about the 6-7 month mark a 'star' mark appeared on passenger side rear (Australia vehicle RHD) taillight lens. It looks all the world like an impact mark, yet there is absolutely no damage at the point of what would be the impact or any external cracking on any of the lines. I have had the lens looked at by the Dealership who originally indicated "customer affected issue" but have since backed away from this. I pushed them to go to Volvo Australia as I was not happy and can assure everyone that it has not been an issue caused by me. Volvo have taken the view that it is not a warrantable issue and that based on the photos it is customer damage. Long story short, we have agreed to disagree on how, and have agreed on a way to resolve, they have offered hugely discounted price to supply and fit. I am not fully happy, but have seen that this is an argument that will never be won. So anyone else with a V40 and had any issues with taillight lens with unusual cracks or marks appearing?:huh:

·
Registered
273 Posts
@Stu...has the lens actually been taken off and inspected from the inside? probably quite easy to do with the tailgate open? Would be nice to see a photo so we can see what you're referring to? Maybe the sun's rays have bounced off a building and caught the lens...bit out there I know! Darren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.