Volvo V40 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, just collected the new V40 CC D2 with regular dash ( couldn't justify the extortionate cost of the 'extra' for digital ) and must be blind - 'cos i can't see a temp gauge on the instrument panel - it must be there somewhere - anyone tell me where ?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Can't help you @Alext on that one as mine is the TFT Display. I'm surprised by your comment on the unjustified expense of the digital display as I've had a few courtesy V40's with the regular display and it's just plain ugly/boring/regular compared to the TFT display which is a thing of beauty...interesting opinion though. All said, are you talking about the external or engine temperature because I'm sure I've seen it on a regular dash or it appears if you revolve the rocker switch to show what you want displayed? Darren

·
Registered
718 Posts
There isn't one on the Analogue display. I didn't think the TFT display was really worth the extra.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Wizzy, thought i was going blind ! Whatever possessed Volvo to leave off such a vital indicator ? One day into ownership and I already miss features that came as standard on my basic Mondeo, voice command, heated front screen and of course , an engine temperature gauge ! Still time to forgive though, the V40 is quick, quiet and comfortable., all important features to me.

Darren, if I'm not mistaken, the Design comes with tft display as standard so therefore you wouldn't have been quoted the extra charge, and No, the normal display is not ugly/boring, it's simple and one more techie aspect that won't go wrong,,,time will tell !

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
The S60/V60 analog display is much nicer than the V40 analog display. I think if you have never seen the digital TFT, then you won;t know better, but for me also, analog one is fugly

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

I must say though, I personally would have thought this is the kind of thing you suss out before committing to buy? No like = no buy? Not so sure an engine temp gauge is so important mind you? :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Bob, yep, of course i've seen the tft display, that's what convinced me it wasn't worth the extra, it was on the demo model i tested when deciding to buy, thought it was a bit 'chavvy' plus, i now see i can have a digital speed display as well, brilliant !
Kev, no, it's no big thing, just assumed like having a steering wheel, there would be a temp gauge, but then again, my 1961 VW beetle didn't have one either !
All in all, still a brilliant car, remain convinced i made the right choice over the golf

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Chavvy plus? Well I would not describe the TFT like that.

Temp gauge in reality does nothing? It indicates an operational temperature. If something happens untoward, the temp gauge rises. At the same time a warning light comes on. So the warning light suffices. I must admit I have never had a car overheat. Mind you, there is a temp gauge on the TFT, which looks great IMO. :). I think in reality a steering wheel is much more important than the temp gauge though, Hehehehehehe. ;-)

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
About the "aux" and "usb" No, it shouldn't be this way. Aux exists in all versions, Usb usually follows hifi systems higher that simple :performance". Curious ...
About the importance of having a temp gauge. I agree that it is imperative to incorporate one on such a car. My second car (a Suzuki Splash) does not have a temp gauge and when I realized it and "complained" to the dealer's clerk, I got the same answer: "There is a warning light". My reply was: "There sure is, I could as well be warned by the flames coming out of the engine compartment"! :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
No TFT on my T3, as I hired A V40 with that feature before ordering mine and I wasn't really that impressed. I can see the novelty being a major attraction for many but the analog dash with the digital speed display in the middle looks nice in my opinion. Plenty of cars now don't have temp gauges (my Wife's VW doesn't) so its something that is'nt going to change....

I have a USB port on my SE Lux with the standard audio set-up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.