Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have chosen the analog intrument cluster (not one with the TFT) and there is not any temperature gauge inside (!!!!). How can I get one in order to know the engine temperature? Does anyone has the same problem?

·
Registered
718 Posts
I also have the analogue instrument cluster. No there isn't an engine temperature gauge. I didn't realise that when I decided the TFT display wasn't worth the extra.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Engine temperature? Not aware that there is such an option, not even on the TFT.

·
Registered
214 Posts
In TFT there is a cooling water gauge in the Classic and the Power mode.
Not in the ECO mode.

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Oh that, I thought like a physical temp reading like the outside temp showing on the screen, lol

·
Registered
718 Posts
So how can I get info about engine's temperature?
You don't unless it gets toooo high, in which case a warning light comes on. Same with Oil Level for the D3 with Analogue Display. There is no dipstick on the D3 engine.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Why do you need to know how hot it is, many cars don't have a water temp gauge, my previous 2 cars A3 and 1series BMW did not have one from memory.

The one on the TFT also disapears if you put cruise or speed limiter on.

Re oil level, if you keep your foot off the clutch and press and hold the start button until the lights come one, don't let go too early!!! I think there is an option (using the left stalk button) to show the oil level

·
Registered
718 Posts
Re oil level, if you keep your foot off the clutch and press and hold the start button until the lights come one, don't let go too early!!! I think there is an option (using the left stalk button) to show the oil level
That's what I thought, but it seems to be an option, although it wasn't listed in the price/specification brochure.

·
Registered
69 Posts
In manual it's said that oil level monitoring is available in Five-cylinder Diesel on both analogue and TFT displays. So you should have it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
In manual it's said that oil level monitoring is available in Five-cylinder Diesel on both analogue and TFT displays. So you should have it.
Nope, the manual has a little asterix by it, listing it as an option/accessory. There was no mention of that feature in the brochure when I ordered the car this time last year. I suspect the dealer wasn't aware either. I'm guessing it would be a software mod.

·
Registered
718 Posts
My mistake, the Oil Level display is there. Just a bit finnicky to get it to display. Had to ask the dealer :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts