Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

My Active TFT display is only showing a max 50.0 MPG on the instant fuel consumption setting. It never ever goes above this reading.
The only other fuel consumption setting you can scroll through is the average which is fine.

I know its been briefly mentioned in other topics & the possibility of it being a benchmark figure but, as far as i can read, it should read the current fuel consumption, which is often well over 50mpg

Is anyone else finding this?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's a bit strange - I get a max of 50 km/l on the instant fuel consumption setting. This seems to be the max value, I get it when rolling towards a red light or something like that. If the max value is 50, perhaps the clever Volvo engineers have forgotten about the conversion to mpg...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think you are right it's a mistake. Probably get ironed out on first visit to the dealers, when they can get it in for a software update.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Having driven my V40 for all of 140 miles, my feelings about the 50 mpg(km/l) issue are:
1) It is a bug in the software,
2) I don't care - because the Eco display provides much better feedback of current driving efficiency than a single figure.
I had a similar meter on my previous car and never used it because it's too transient and if you are trying to read such a value you won't be watching the road :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike said:
Having driven my V40 for all of 140 miles, my feelings about the 50 mpg(km/l) issue are:
2) I don't care - because the Eco display provides much better feedback of current driving efficiency than a single figure.
I had a similar meter on my previous car and never used it because it's too transient and if you are trying to read such a value you won't be watching the road :)
Having come from a Prius, I find the 'Eco' theme on the Volvo very gimicky & not alot of use.

I do agree though, it seems lke its a bug in the software. I just get a little concerened that the instantaneous figure/calculation is directly related to the miles left in the fuel tank.

·
Registered
86 Posts
mrlazy said:
Mike said:
Having come from a Prius, I find the 'Eco' theme on the Volvo very gimicky & not alot of use.

I do agree though, it seems lke its a bug in the software. I just get a little concerened that the instantaneous figure/calculation is directly related to the miles left in the fuel tank.
Er, actually I'd like to retract my previous comment about the Eco display.
The Trip Statistics screen is far more useful for tracking fuel economy in real time. The only disadvantage is that it tends to distract me occasionally, but hey isn't that what City Safety is for? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Mike
Volvo V40 Forums
If you've ever wondered what modifications or upgrades you can do to a Volvo V40, this is the right owners club for you.
Full Forum Listing