Volvo V40 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys.

Sorry to seem such a dumb-ass but I can't find the colour change for the TFT display. According to everything I've read or watched on youtube it should show Red for Performance, Green for Eco and Blue for Elegance. Mine shows all the right dials but in Blue, blue and, er, blue!

Should this even be a change/preference option?

Help would be appreciated. I just want to see it in Red!

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi

From what I've seen I think it depends on the MY of your V40, originally for the TFT all of the screens were blue as you say but on the recent V40's (MY14 and 13?) it has changed to the three different colours.

I seem to recall reading elsewhere on the forum that people were unhappy they could only get the blue on one of the screens instead of all of them.

·
Registered
202 Posts
That's correct - All MY14 R-Designs (after April 2013) have the tri-colour TFT. Previous versions (MY13) have all blue only with no option to change.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
****! Missed by a month! No biggie. It's a nice shade of blue and the graphics seem to be the same (I think).

Big prob is the persistent air loss from one of my 18 inches. Volvo had it for three days and said it's fine. Drive 15 miles and it's already on way down. Never bought a car yet where I didn't feel shafted!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I thought the different coloured TFT only came in on my14 cas not just those after April 13

I prefer the blue but with contrast display selected.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's correct - All MY14 R-Designs (after April 2013) have the tri-colour TFT. Previous versions (MY13) have all blue only with no option to change.
My V40 D2 r-Design TFT display only displays blue for each mode, however, my car is from May 2013 :(
Can it be enabled some way?

·
Registered
208 Posts
don't forget it is controlled using the menu buttons on the indicator stalk, not in the menus for the rest of the infotainment system.

press the button on the end of the stalk, rotate the dial on the stalk to theme and/or contrast, press the button on the end of the stalk again to enter the theme or contrast menu, use the dial again to pick the them you want and press the button on the end to select.

use the button in the middle of the stalk to get out of the menus

1 - 7 of 7 Posts